Hondruan Coffee

BFRoasters

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the help, I think we will be getting quality Honduran coffee so I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
and middle of the road Honduran beans? whats your opinion on those?

Life is too short to drink middle-of-the-road coffee. :)

I guess it depends on your market; even so-so coffee if roasted well will be better than the vast majority are drinking now.

With milder coffees like Honduran, even the stellar examples are not a knock-your-socks-off kind of coffee, they're more nuanced and delicate coffee, and so the less than stellar examples can be rather non-descript.

BFRoasters

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
that makes sense, we are just starting out, but I agree that any fresh roasted coffee is generally better than what most people drink. I think we will just have to get some samples and test it out before we get a big bag. Would you say using a Honduran for a blend might be better than just a single source?

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Would you say using a Honduran for a blend might be better than just a single source?

I personally shy away from blends; as a purist of sorts, I believe a coffee worthy of roasting should be able to stand on it's own. I simply enjoy appreciating a coffee for all it has to offer, and feel that blends, even good blends, tend to compromise a good coffee. But that's me, and I wouldn't say anyone's wrong for enjoying coffee, however they want to enjoy it.

Before blending your Honduras with another coffee, I'd suggest creating a melange with it... two or more roasts of the same coffee at varying roast levels. That might be fun.