Online Green Bean Retailers

cestrin

Jul 19, 2013
Tempe, AZ
Visit site
I have been using Sweet Maria's exclusively for my green beans. Some of you here have pointed me to Bodhi Leaf.

With regards to Bodhi Leaf, I notice that many of their beans are cheaper than SM. I also see that they have some beans that are super generic (i.e. "Costa Rica" with no explanation or details). How do the quality of the beans compare to SM? I will say that I like how SM gives tips to the roaster on the best roast level.

Outside of these two sites, for small purchases (not whole bags), where do y'all go?

JumpinJakJava

Dec 12, 2011
Thomaston, CT
Visit site
The people at Sweet Maria's are awesome. You will get great coffee there.
But it is pricey because they sell only high end coffees. As you know.

You might want to call Kevin Kuyers at:
Theta Ridge Coffee, LLC Importer and Seller Of Green Coffee Beans

They will split bags and sell smaller quantities for home roasters.

Say they will break bags to 30+lb.
Crop To Cup Coffee Co - Green Coffee (Unroasted)

Personally I have not used either trader here. Heard good things about Theta Ridge and their coffees.
You could call other traders like: Serengeti and Cafe Lobo. I know in the past, they would only sell full bags,
but because there is now so many home roasters, maybe there is a chance. Google other traders and ask.

Bozo

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
happymugcoffee.com
kivahan.com
thecaptainscoffee.com
burman.com

Go to google.com do a search for raw coffee, green coffee beans, raw green coffee beans and many more, Bozo

kboom1

Nov 27, 2011
NE Pennsylvania
Visit site
I ordered from Happymug last week and they're really nice and fast. Their coffee descriptions are good as well.

I've used Happy Mug once or twice. Make sure to weigh your bags when your order comes. The last order I got a few bags were way under weight like 4oz. and 1or 2 others were over an oz or 2. Think they are having scale problems.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I have used bodhi leaf coffee many times, I think they are much better then SM( i have used them for years) because of the price only. Bodhi leaf have customer service as well. I am not affiliated with them but I was impressed with their service and product. Try them and see. They used to sell their beans on Ebay but I don't know if they still do. Thats how i found their website and bough beans from them since.

CPooley4

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Burman Coffee is my go to spot. Great, great people. If you call, ask for John. He's like the rain man of coffee, get him talking and it'll be 5 minutes before you realize what you've done :) I'm lucky though as they are in my area so I can stop in and chat/pick up my beans/etc... right there on premise. Give them a shot if you can, great product and people.

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Burman Coffee is my go to spot. Great, great people. If you call, ask for John. He's like the rain man of coffee, get him talking and it'll be 5 minutes before you realize what you've done :) I'm lucky though as they are in my area so I can stop in and chat/pick up my beans/etc... right there on premise. Give them a shot if you can, great product and people.

Then you're kinda in my neck of the woods.

Moro

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
What about companies like Atlas Coffee Importers out of Seattle? Currently I am using sweet maria's and am happy. However I was told that I was going to be buying in larger quantities that Atlas was the way to go. Any thoughts?

wwcove

Banned
Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
How much do you want to order?

I buy SM for TINY LOTS (1lb)

I buy Bodhi for 10-20 lb lots but you can also buy it by the bag: 132-150lb. They do offer a few kinds online at eBay so if you buy 5-20 lbs you can bid and get good coffee for about $3 lb. With FREE delivery via USPS priority. I like them. I've had their Panama,Ethiopia (love that) 2 types of Colombia, 2 kinds of El Salvador and just ordered 20 lb of Costa Rica honey processed which should be yummy.

if you want the best prices you can buy by the bag from Royal (150 lbs). If you live near either of their 2 locations you can pick up. You can get good coffee for about $2 lb.

slurp

Jun 24, 2014
Hollywood Fl
Visit site
You may want to try a local roaster and see if they will sell you green. They may be able to give you some pointers too. I have a few people buy small amounts of green and am happy to do so.