Looking for best way to work with 1 grinder but do pour overs and espresso shots

Jasonmck

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I have a Macap M4 without the worm gear micro adjustment.
I'm a die hard espresso person but as I get more involved I wanted to try pourover and other brewing methods.
I just received my Chemex and pour kettle and wanted to give it a try but didn't want to loose my dialed in setting for my Espresso

How do you manage this? Just mark the ring?

Thanks
Jason

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Even if the Vario can switch from espresso grinding to non-espresso grinding, and do so repeatedly, using one grinder for everything is indeed a compromise, and having two grinders is really what you want.

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site
Even if the Vario can switch from espresso grinding to non-espresso grinding, and do so repeatedly, using one grinder for everything is indeed a compromise, and having two grinders is really what you want.
This. Two grinders are best for espresso and other needs. The Baratza's are "full range" however really not recommended to do so, as that puts a lot of wear and tear on them going back and forth on the plastic parts and you'll end up having settings that aren't where they were before for espresso etc. The Forte is built solid to do this though. But I still feel that if your doing various brew methods, two grinders is best. One for espresso, and one for whatever.