Coffee Aroma Enhancers

blue_chilled_kola

Jan 10, 2005
Visit site
Anyone know of any other ingredient to mix with coffee to make the aroma more aromatic? Maybe another type of sugar like molasses? Would this make the aroma more caramel-like? Thanks!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I think that FRESH coffee is aromatic enough...I roast coffee 10-15 hours a day...my wife would kill me if I was any more aromatic with coffee :wink:

BeanGrinder

Aug 11, 2004
North Georgia, USA
Visit site
I agree with the posts so far - there is a certain aroma of roasting coffee that is both unique and delicious. It has a kind of toasty smell.

Anyway, it is typically the grinding that brings out the flavor - walk down the coffee aisle at the grocery store and you can't miss it. That is, of course, if your grocer has a retail grinder.

I toss a little Brazilian into our house blend to give it some added aroma at brew time - makes the place smell good and people think, "Gee, I could use a cup of that!"

But I am a purist and would never add stuff to the coffee. We sell flavored coffee, but don't brew it. I don't really care for it, myself.

Also, if you are going to add anything to your coffee, best let the customers know what their in for...some people have dietary restrictions that prohibit sugar.

Best advice, roast the beans or get really fresh roasted, then grind the heck out of them and you'll get your aroma!