trouble with first post.

lockmanslammin

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I went through 15 or twenty minutes of messing around, signing up for an account, taking and loading photos to my photobucket account and writing, copy/pasting url links to the photos one at a time on to my post for some help identifying a stovetop milk steamer I got at a second hand shop, only to find out I need 5 posts before I can post pics. Here I thought about posting 5 silly replies to other posts but didn't want to garbage up the forum. Any advice?
ThanxChris, Chris

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "lockmanslammin"

Yes, every new member needs to have a minumum of five posts before they can include pictures or links in their posts.

We are looking for five good posts to the Coffee Forum before you can post a photo or a link. Good posts are those that ask or answer a question or contribute in some way to the Coffee Forum threads.

Most new members who post "silly" replies, or posts with only one or two words, start off on the wrong foot, and usually they end up getting themselves banned from the Forum.

I hope you won't be one of them.

Rose

lockmanslammin

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
hello yourself,

I did look around for a while to see if there were any questions I could answer in an insightful way, and only found one that i felt i could add anything too. I don't like giving info on things unless I am sure that I know what I am talking about and at this point I wouldn't call myself a coffee expert. As far as questions I could ask, the only one I wanted to ask was made far easier to ask with photos rather than trying to describe the item with words. I'm sorry if i caused trouble, but it just seems like an odd rule to me.

Chris

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
hello yourself,

it just seems like an odd rule to me.

Chris

Hello Chris,

Thanks for your response.

I think the reasoning for creating the 5-post requirement was to help deter SPAMMERS who try to embed links within their posts. It gives the Moderators some time to decide if the new member is trying to SPAM the Forum and stop them before they go too far. Unfortunately, sometimes SPAMMERS slip through, and then we have to deal with them.

Rose

Last edited: