Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Amazon reviews are mostly fake. I have first hand knowledge the reviews in most cases are paid for. They teach it in seminars.

I've learned that it pays to read through the reviews and look for a pattern. If a lot of people complain about a certain problem, I figure it actually exists. By reading the reviews, I've actually learned some helpful information about some of my gadgets. I especially like the feature where you can ask questions about the product, and people who own the item respond. Amazon sends me E-mails asking me to respond to people's questions (after they've verified that I bought the item from them). I answer the question, and it gets posted right away. They post my response, even if it's a negative one.

I wouldn't buy any food items from Amazon, though . . . . especially coffee. It's too risky.

flphotog

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I ordered a bag of 8 o'clock coffee beans from amazon once a long time ago. It was so bad I couldn't get through the first cup and that was before I started to appreciate really good coffee. Called them and they refunded my money and the coffee went into the trash.