Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best K-Cups

I just recently joined this forum and I believe that people who are posting sarcastic answers to serious questions either feel the need to make a post or they really need to get a life in order to occupy there time in a positive way that benefits others--go volunteer at a needy organization!

Hello everyone.
    I have been a major coffee lover --- snob for a long time and have always ground my own light or medium roast bean, Kona being my favorite and using various mid grade Drip type coffee makers. Recently, after using the Keurig machines in so many offices and places where I work, I purchased the K475 along with a variety of K cups AND some inexpensive refillable filters for my own ground coffee. My question to the forum is what refillable cup do you think is best and which one makes the best and strongest cup of coffee? So far, I have only used low priced Trader joes brand beans and they make a less than wonderful cup of coffee. The best so far to my taste is an off brand of Kona blend light roast k cups I bought at Bed Bed and Beyond.
    Any thoughts?
    THANKS

I don't use kcups.

I used to love K-cups but got fed up with my machine breaking and the terrible coffee. I gave up the last time my keurig broke. But I met these guys at an even 3 weeks and and signed up for their coffee plan when they launch. https://www.dripjoy.com/ I got my machine within a few days and the coffee is great. I haven't seen their production but they claim their coffee is more fresh and the quality is better. So far it tastes awesome.

where can you find reusable ones?

I found several reusable holders at my local Walmart. They even have little paper filters. A good dark coffee that I enjoyed was REVV and Dark Magic. I also found a way to use my own beans ground and then put in the reusable that resulted in an ok cup. Not as good as with a press or other method but it is what it is. I have places and friends who only have a keurig and I use the reusable when I go there. It's better than having to drink the generic whatever brand they may have avaialable. I have also used it as a launch pad for introducing them to what coffee could taste like. Approach it without snobbery and you will be amazed at the reaults.

I even got my youngest son hooked on the French press pricess. So much that he has one of his own now and doesn't mind taking the time to brew it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

For the reusable ones I like the Solo brand the best but I started out with the Ekobrew and also have the latter in the stainless steel, all found at Amazon. The Solo makes a little stronger cup and I find myself using them the most.

For prepackaged K cups the Original Donut Shop is fairly good and my wife buys a lot of the 8 O'clock and Green Mountain. I also thought Dunkin Donuts was ok for a k cup.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links