Brazilian cerrado Coffee bean

Japiru

Mar 31, 2015
Araguari
Visit site
Hi am a coffee farmer in Brazil, and I will star our 2015 harvest soon.
I will offer Cerrado Arabica coffee bean for export on june.
FOB Araguari - MG
Thank you
Adriano

Japiru

Mar 31, 2015
Araguari
Visit site
Oh I am sorry, didn't knew about selling here.
You are well come to visit my farm and my friend's farm also.
Together we can produce up to 10.000 bags year.
My farm around 1500 bags year, and we are locate 40 km from and the close airport, with is Uberlandia - Minas Gerais - Brazil.
The price as you know, will depend of the quality, so we will know only after we harvest.
After Brazilian gov. banned endosulfan we are having a hard time, and we really don't know how our coffee will come.
The quote I received from a Broker now is U$2,6 kg today.
If you have any question, let me know.

Japiru

Mar 31, 2015
Araguari
Visit site
Yes I have a export broker, but I don't want to use their service to export anymore.
They charge commission and our profit which is real low decreases every year, because of the cost of production.
I don't get paid more if our coffee is very good quality, but they discount every time it have defect.
I just want to get paid better for the quality coffee we can offer.
I don't have a export license now, but I think it is not difficult to get, because we will produce what we are going to export.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
I think the main concern had always been whether it's a genuine deal and the coffee are graded correctly

first ask for some samples from the sales lot.
if you like, then, you can hire an inspection company in that country to check the quality.

Right before they ship out the lot, they need to send you another sample for you to confirm and compare with the initial sample.
your inspection company will coordinate with the exporter's milling company to check the coffee quality according to the evaluation/test report that you send to your inspection company.

after you receive the container, then, you need to check once more to compare.
if it is not the same as the initial sample, then, you will go into dispute & negotiation stage.

or you can hold on to certain percentage of payment AFTER you receive and confirm the quality.