Looking for (green) beans from Buesaco, Narino (Columbia)

lockhouse

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
New member and first time poster. This forum has been great--many thanks! Let me know if this post belongs in another group.

I'm trying to find beans from Buesaco for friends who want to give a special anniversary gift for their parents/in-laws. These folks were in the Peace Corp in Buesaco many years ago and have very fond memories of the coffee there. I'm willing to purchase any small amount of greens (~2K-20K), but I can be flexible.

This is the closest thing I've found (cafeimports.com/beanology/view/narino-buesaco-grainpro-1823) but this doesn't look to be in their current offerings.

Thanks!
-bill

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
New member and first time poster. This forum has been great--many thanks! Let me know if this post belongs in another group.

I'm trying to find beans from Buesaco for friends who want to give a special anniversary gift for their parents/in-laws. These folks were in the Peace Corp in Buesaco many years ago and have very fond memories of the coffee there. I'm willing to purchase any small amount of greens (~2K-20K), but I can be flexible.

This is the closest thing I've found (cafeimports.com/beanology/view/narino-buesaco-grainpro-1823) but this doesn't look to be in their current offerings.

Thanks!
-bill

hello Bill, how are you? this is Alex from Ensoluna.
if you are looking for Buesaco from Colombia which is "Caturra" with that regional characteristics, perhaps, you can get in touch with "keppa837" (one of our forum member). his name is Trini and he just came back from 5 month trip from his coffee farm in Colombia. I believe that his variety is also Caturra with similar region in Colombia.
since you are planning to buy 2K to 20K (not sure it is in Pounds, kgs or US$ amount), anyway, it might be big enough to buy directly from his farm or nearby his farm.

the characteristics of coffee should be very similar and worth the try. Trini is super nice gentleman and he should be able to give you whatever info he has. He might even has some samples to send to you directly.
thanks and good luck and welcome to our forum.

PS: Cafeimports advertise as 90+ point coffee for this, but i highly doubt that it is 90+ point. if it is truly 90+, it will go under CoE.

lockhouse

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
@ensoluna, Much appreciated. Thanks! I'll ping @keppa837 and what might be available.

(For what it's worth, the #'s I laid out are kilos, which probably would have been better to use 'kg')

-bill

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
@ensoluna, Much appreciated. Thanks! I'll ping @keppa837 and what might be available.

(For what it's worth, the #'s I laid out are kilos, which probably would have been better to use 'kg')

-bill

ha ha ha. I thought that K meant for 1000. so it was 2K (= 2000 pounds/kgs/US$) to 20K. ha ha ha.
I should have guessed it because you mentioned "as anniversary gift"... totally my bad!!!

I work at Guatemala coffee exporting company, so whenever i see "K", it always equates to "1000".... but again, my bad! sorry.

then, let's scratch out buying directly from Colombia farm!!!!!

anyway, Trini might have some his green bean stock and might be able to roast them for you.
good luck.