African coffee

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Has anyone ever tried Ethiopian Yirgacheffe? I was thinking about ordering several pounds of it but have never tried it(that I know of). At $15 per pound is it worth it?
Most of people probably have tried Yirgacheffe, which is one of the best valued coffees (very flavorful) in the world. $15 is definitely worth it, but before ordering SEVERAL POUNDS, please make it sure that the coffee is NOT OLD harvested beans and freshly roasted.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Yirgacheffe's are usually super tasty... washed Yirgi's will be cleaner more floral/bright... natural Yirgi's will be sweater and slightly fruity (can vary from non existent to fruit bombs)

ali.rafami

Jan 1, 2018
Bucharest
Visit site
I roasted this just past 1st crack. I've shared it with all my friends/family and all have loved the taste and now have a new found love for fresh roasted coffee

DwightYorke

Nov 2, 2018
Visit site
A lot of coffee lovers are crazy about Ethiopian coffee, but many regular coffee drinkers don't appreciate them. It's more floral and tea-like. Most regular people just want a coffee that's strong and has low acid, which is the opposite of Yirgacheffe.

JoeConiglioArmenia

Nov 10, 2017
NYC
Visit site
A lot of coffee lovers are crazy about Ethiopian coffee, but many regular coffee drinkers don't appreciate them. It's more floral and tea-like. Most regular people just want a coffee that's strong and has low acid, which is the opposite of Yirgacheffe.

Nailed it - Go natural and more pronounced berries/fruit light to medium roast will bring them out where a dark it don't matter

Piddles

Dec 7, 2018
Visit site
Ethiopia is in the green belt where altitude and climate are best for growing coffee plant, also was where coffee was first found there and still to this day most Ethiopia coffee is from wild plants