purchase coffee at store or online

Chrise

Jun 10, 2017
hong kong
Visit site
Hi there,

i am new here, while I plan to coffee shop this weekend and I wanted some feedback from the other coffee lovers out there.

This is my idea:
should i go to a coffee shop or access to coffee website to purchse it online?

as you know a coffee shop that roasts it's own beans in the store, while i have to roast it on my hous if i get it online.

Basically the point is that when you go into coffee shop, you will get to experience the transformation of the beans, the store holder will guide you to process it correctly.
if you do it at home all you can to do is refer to the guiding book.

Later there would be an easy to use espresso machine, that provides barista quality coffee, which would allow people to make their own quick personalized brew.

what should i choose, it would really help me out if you let me know your thoughts

best regards

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
This is my idea:
should i go to a coffee shop or access to coffee website to purchse it online?
as you know a coffee shop that roasts it's own beans in the store, while i have to roast it on my hous if i get it online.
Basically the point is that when you go into coffee shop, you will get to experience the transformation of the beans, the store holder will guide you to process it correctly.
99.9% of coffee shops will not roast their own coffee. But many of them will sell roasted beans which they have bought from some other roasters. Be sure to ask them when it was roasted.

you said that you will have to roast in your house. do you have a roaster at home?
I do not know what kind of coffee shop you are talking about, but it would be very difficult to see them roasting or someone in that shop "will guide you" to see their process. Highly unlikely.

So, if you want to buy some good and fresh roasted beans, the best way is to contact some great roasters in This forum.
if you need, I can send you some information about forum roasters.

thanks

kathiefitzpatrick

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
June 25, 2017

Hi Chrise:

I wish our local coffee shops did the kind of fresh coffee roasting you describe...that would be so great! Here in the USA that is not the usual custom. I like to research and write on coffee related articles and coffee lover articles. It seems to me that you might really enjoy roasting your own coffee at home with a good coffee roaster that's right for you. Check out my suggestions here: https://shopgourmetkitchen.com/best-home-coffee-roasters/
I hope you find something that's right for you! I also wrote an article on the same site about "Is Home Coffee Roasting Right for you." Hope you enjoy my suggestions.-kathiefitzpatrick - https://shopgourmetkitchen.com

Missjune75

Mar 30, 2017
New York City
Visit site
One of my favorite coffeeshop's Rojo's Roasters in Lambertville has their roaster in the back and green beans in burlap bags. Its a cafe that sells coffee drinks, their own roasted beans and coffeemakers. The roaster adds to the atmosphere as well as being practical. They also have open coffee cupping sessions.
Here's a short video to give you an idea of the place:
https://youtu.be/4cqedTwA-Ho

Last edited: