Single Bean Blend

DannyM

Sep 19, 2017
Visit site
Hi! Silly question here. Has anyone ever tried to make a blend from one bean source with only the technique being the varying factor? It seems like this would be a great way to explore all of the flavors you can get from a lot.

Dan

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
DannyM, What do you roast on ? I used to have a blend of Colombian....I would roast the first 2/3 medium/city roast and then slam the door shut and "french roast the last 1/3. People loved it. It had a nice rich flavor , body and didn't lose its nuttiness...I am not a fan of dark roast but this was just a twinge of dark. If you experiment let us know what you find. The best thing to do experiment, taste and take notes.
Good luck ;)

Mar 28, 2011
Connecticut
Visit site
There is a small market for what is called "Black and Tan", kind of a play on the beer mix that is an ale and stout mixed together in a glass however separated during pouring so that there is a distinct line of separation between the different colored beers. With the beans it is just a melange of a light and a dark roast of a single origin as previously noted.

Len