Yemeni Udaini

StPeteRoasters

Oct 30, 2017
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. As many of you know Yemeni coffee has been in short supply for some time now. After not being able to get my hands on any for about a year, I found out that one of my contacts could get me some directly from the farms in Yemen.

I had an order of 100 lbs sent to me to test the quality and I'm blown away. Just after first crack (dropped at bean temperature of 380) these beans have an incredible aroma of fresh strawberry jam. The flavors I get when brewed at 185 from the Hario are berry florals, blackberry tartness, stonefruit, honeysuckle and subtle hints of cacao.

I'm super excited to have been able to get my hands on this coffee. If any of you are interested in purchasing some feel free to contact me. I am not selling them through our website just yet as I would like to get feedback on what some home roasters think about this stuff. I will be offering it green at 5 lbs max per person.

Green $35/lb roasted $45/lb.

Cheers!
Z - SPCR

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
YO! Welcome to the forums! Do you have a retail shop? I am originally From the Tampa bay area and will stop by my next time in town. I actually did my apprenticeship not too far from you on Sand Key about 24 years ago. Good luck and see you soon.

StPeteRoasters

Oct 30, 2017
Visit site
also, normally, I buy some specialty coffee from sweetmaria.
currently they are offering few different types of Yemen coffees from $8.95 to $20.00 per pound/green

I am very interested in hearing about your coffee, what varietal, what process, which farm, what makes your coffee so special and great...etc.
thanks and have a good day.

I did not see any for sale on Donevelio and if you check Sweet Marias they actually don't have any and haven't had any in stock for a long time. I used to get Yemeni coffee from them and one reason I ended up sourcing it myself is that sources online dried up and some of the stuff I found online was terrible quality.

This coffee is by far the best Yemeni I've ever had. I was blown away when I roasted it. As far as what Porters is selling, I can't tell you anything about that coffee. I've never tried it and I've never seen anyone selling real Yemeni coffee that cheap.

What I can tell you however is you can buy a very similar bean to what I am offering for over $200/lb at portofmokha.myshopify.com/
I assure you what I am offering is on the same level as I have tried it myself.

Last edited:

StPeteRoasters

Oct 30, 2017
Visit site
YO! Welcome to the forums! Do you have a retail shop? I am originally From the Tampa bay area and will stop by my next time in town. I actually did my apprenticeship not too far from you on Sand Key about 24 years ago. Good luck and see you soon.

Hey. Thank you! I do not have a retail shop. We sell online and directly to businesses/offices. Would be happy to meet up with you though if you're ever around!

Last edited: