Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned

Can anyone recommend good fresh coffee from amazon.com?

Personally, I just love to try out different coffees from different countries, farms, and even from a lot of amazon vendors.
    I must say that just from curiosity, i have tried out countless coffees from amazon coffee vendors, however, until now, I really have not had any good luck (maybe it is not luck? maybe it is what it is?!) finding a really good and fresh coffee.

I have been amazon prime member for as long as I can remember and probably I do 99% of shopping with amazon, EXCEPT COFFEE, now!!

so, I would appreciate it if someone can point me in right direction where / which vendors are good.

Personal Note : the worst coffee that I have ever tried via amazon was Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee which I paid 3 or 4 times more than normal coffee. (I was very foolish to do so back then....)
    Last edited by ensoluna; 11-17-2017 at 09:54 AM.

The worst for me from Amazon was the Fog Lifters but I don't remember from what company, the reviews were out standing but I guess that just goes to show you that 99.9% of the world doesn't know what good coffee can be or I got a bad bag. When I opened the box the coffee was in a clear plastic bag (should of been my first clue) and upon further inspection the inside of the bag was covered in oil and so were the beens. I made one pot and ended up pouring it down the drain and tossed the bag in the garbage. I had to tear my grinder down and clean it it was so nasty.

But I agree Alex I would like to see coffee being sold thru Amazon Prime with the quick shipping but I don't have high hopes for it to happen any time soon.

I'm looking at selling some roasted coffee on amazon prime. The problem is, that amazon has to fulfill the orders. So, you have to ship first to amazon. Then, when someone orders, you can't just send a fresh batch. I guess it depends on how quick the turnover is. It would probably be much easier to sell some green beans on prime.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCoffeeMatters View Post
    I'm looking at selling some roasted coffee on amazon prime. The problem is, that amazon has to fulfill the orders. So, you have to ship first to amazon. Then, when someone orders, you can't just send a fresh batch. I guess it depends on how quick the turnover is. It would probably be much easier to sell some green beans on prime.
    yep. green beans might be a better idea than roasted beans however probably one out of 1000 coffee buyers will have some sort of home roaster. So, target buyers get shrink up so much. Also, if you have a home roaster, they probably know better not to buy any green beans from Amazon. they will more likely to buy their green beans from reputable green bean importers or sellers (like sweetmaria..etc)

I bought some green beans off of prime. Some from freshroastedcoffee, llc - they appear to be selling a lot, unless the reviews are fake. I also bought some from a seller called primos. They were good beans, just not cheap for what they were. Obviously a lot of markup, which is probably worth it to home roasters who want access to different green beans with prime shipping. The problem with sweet maria's, for me, was shipping. Since they are in CA, they were going to charge me $60 to ship 20# of beans. Whereas, I can get a 154# bag from a wholesaler for just a little more.

Banned
    Just for the record, among top 10 best selling coffees from Amazon, 8 of them are K-Cups :+( super sad...
    and the other two are : #4 Lavazza Super Crema Espresso whole bean. #8 Folgers classic ground coffee (my mom's favorite for 35 years :+)

so, what is top 3?
    here it goes.
    1 : Original donut shop k cup
    2 : San Francisco bay k cup
    3 : Nespresso variety pack k cup

In a way, I am glad that there aren't any fresh whole beans from reputable local roaster....

K-cups are the "in" thing right now and for the foreseeable future. I can understand their popularity. You just pop this little cup into your machine, press a button, and bingo: instant cup of coffee. It is perfect for the person always on the go. I actually watched an infomercial on the new Keurig the other day, I can suffer bouts of insomnia and informercials are quite plentiful at 3 am.

Of course I would never get one. My automatic is as far as I'll go, I have it dialed in to produce a good cup of coffee.

As far as looking for online coffee sources: Try looking at actual coffee roasters. Most companies will offer an online subscription for their roasts. Local Coffee is a company here in San Antonio and they produce some great coffee that is roasted locally. A quick google search should provide you with their information.

I have a coffee farm here in Colombia in a small town outside of Medellin high in the Andes. We hand select and inspect every bean before we send it to our roaster.We do not use Amazon or fulfillment center we direct ship all of our coffee from my farm to the buyers , We have a goal to pick,process,sundry ,sort beans,roast and package and send coffee to our clients in 3 weeks total for best freshness. We do not want our coffee sitting around in a storage facility for a long time and aging.

Are you open to sell in bulk? Like 50 or 100 pounds approx?

Quote Originally Posted by ensoluna View Post
    Personally, I just love to try out different coffees from different countries, farms, and even from a lot of amazon vendors.
    I must say that just from curiosity, i have tried out countless coffees from amazon coffee vendors, however, until now, I really have not had any good luck (maybe it is not luck? maybe it is what it is?!) finding a really good and fresh coffee.

so, I would appreciate it if someone can point me in right direction where / which vendors are good.

Personal Note : the worst coffee that I have ever tried via amazon was Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee which I paid 3 or 4 times more than normal coffee. (I was very foolish to do so back then....)
    Koffee Kult Colombian Huila Fresh Coffee Beans - Whole Bean Coffee - Fresh Roasted u can try this as my friend suggested this to me...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links