buying coffee seeds for planting from other farms.

One of our member, ecafechiapas texted me asking below question and if you do not mind, I would like to post them in the forum. it could be an interesting and beneficial posting for some of members (research and study and even for someone who are looking to plant some coffee seeds for their own production).

so, Brian, for our forum purpose, please if you want, only if you want, please post your questions and answers here, so everyone can share our information.

thanks
    alex

Quote Originally Posted by ecafechiapas
    Hello,

I was wondering if we could buy some seeds from you.

Please let me know what kind of varietals you have.
    And how much they are for.

Regards,
    Brian
    hello brian, how are you? our farm has caturra & bourbon mixed. we have never sold our seeds to some other farms, so I have to ask the farm manager about this.
    anyway, how much do you need? also, if you are living in chiapas, perhaps you can make a trip to our farm and check out our plants and seed quality before buying?

thanks
    ps: my name is alex.
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

just got another text from brian. :

Hi Alex,

Thank you for replying back to me.

If possible, may I visit your farm next week? I am planning to visit Antigua to buy some seeds from someone we know.
    Yes I am living in Chiapas and my company owns three fincas and two of them are in operation.

My email is xxxx (I deleted because brian might not want let eveyone know ...) if it's easier for you to communicate by email.

Are you Korean by any chance?

Regards,
    Brian
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

yes, I am 100% Korea. Born in Korea, raised in USA (living in Los Angeles) working in Guatemala (coffee business) and also working in Zhongshan, China (electronic business).

absolutely no problem visiting next week. we might even have to drive down from our city to Guatemala city to pick up on person from Turkey who wants to stay in our city to learn about sample roasting, cupping, roasting...etc from our coffee school for few weeks, so if timing is right, we can pick him up and also on the way up, we can also pick you up and take you guys to our company in Quetezaltenango.

thanks
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

You may want to check the legality of taking seeds from country into another. Authorities can be very sensitive about such things

Quote Originally Posted by wmark View Post
    You may want to check the legality of taking seeds from country into another. Authorities can be very sensitive about such things
    yes, you are absolutely right, wmark. however, the person who asked me has a farm in Mexico Chiapas. that is only about 8 hours of driving, more or less. and if he comes to Guatemala and buys some seeds, maybe a bag or two, then, it should not be problem driving pass the border.
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links