How to choose a good coffee beans..

I am a new coffee enthusiasts from Indonesia..

Would love to know how you think is a good quality beans..

How to sort between good bean harvest from the bad ones..

I guess I would point you toward Sweet Maria's VLOG on YouTube, Tom is very informative. There are tours of different processing stations, and he will show you the beans in different stages of development, and explain some of the defects in the beans and what caused them, etc.

However, there is no shortcut, you need to cup coffees, and taste different coffees. There is a HUGE selection of coffee in the world and there might not be any consumer product as complex as coffee.

It also might be a good idea to go to the Specialty Coffee Association of America website as they have some tools that will help in your quest. Like the flavor profile chart and the box of scents commonly found in coffee (I forgot what it is called).

That's wonderful reply bma211...

I will try to do every advice you posted..

Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by 211bma View Post
    I guess I would point you toward Sweet Maria's VLOG on YouTube, Tom is very informative. There are tours of different processing stations, and he will show you the beans in different stages of development, and explain some of the defects in the beans and what caused them, etc.

However, there is no shortcut, you need to cup coffees, and taste different coffees. There is a HUGE selection of coffee in the world and there might not be any consumer product as complex as coffee.

It also might be a good idea to go to the Specialty Coffee Association of America website as they have some tools that will help in your quest. Like the flavor profile chart and the box of scents commonly found in coffee (I forgot what it is called).
    He lives in Indonesia so the SCAA would not be applicable to him. The SCAA only applies to people who live in North America, particularly the USA.

There is no more SCAA... it the SCA and its open for global membership.

Quote Originally Posted by Musicphan View Post
    There is no more SCAA... it the SCA and its open for global membership.
    That's wonderful to Hear...

I am currently in Jakarta right now and I would like to ask where is the best place to buy great coffee beans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The famous one is ottencoffee or mr O coffee..
    Or install tokopedia app and buy from there..
    Quote Originally Posted by amygdala View Post
    I am currently in Jakarta right now and I would like to ask where is the best place to buy great coffee beans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Sm1th View Post
    I am a new coffee enthusiasts from Indonesia..

Would love to know how you think is a good quality beans..

How to sort between good bean harvest from the bad ones..
    Quality coffee isn't a random accident, but rather the result of much planning and attention to details from cultivation & harvesting, to sorting and processing, transporting and storage, and finally roasting and brewing. It will take a lifetime to get to a point where there is nothing left to learn, but start with learning about how beans are processed and sorted, and then learn how to cup coffee to develop your senses to recognize exceptional coffee coffee from good coffee, and of course the ability to recognize poor coffee. So much to be found on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peaberry View Post
    Quality coffee isn't a random accident, but rather the result of much planning and attention to details from cultivation & harvesting, to sorting and processing, transporting and storage, and finally roasting and brewing. It will take a lifetime to get to a point where there is nothing left to learn, but start with learning about how beans are processed and sorted, and then learn how to cup coffee to develop your senses to recognize exceptional coffee coffee from good coffee, and of course the ability to recognize poor coffee. So much to be found on the internet.
    Thank you so much!

I am still learning bit by bit..
    But i really love to know more..

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links