How to choose a good coffee beans..

Mr.Sm1th

Aug 5, 2018
Visit site
I am a new coffee enthusiasts from Indonesia..

Would love to know how you think is a good quality beans..

How to sort between good bean harvest from the bad ones..

211bma

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
I guess I would point you toward Sweet Maria's VLOG on YouTube, Tom is very informative. There are tours of different processing stations, and he will show you the beans in different stages of development, and explain some of the defects in the beans and what caused them, etc.

However, there is no shortcut, you need to cup coffees, and taste different coffees. There is a HUGE selection of coffee in the world and there might not be any consumer product as complex as coffee.

It also might be a good idea to go to the Specialty Coffee Association of America website as they have some tools that will help in your quest. Like the flavor profile chart and the box of scents commonly found in coffee (I forgot what it is called).

I guess I would point you toward Sweet Maria's VLOG on YouTube, Tom is very informative. There are tours of different processing stations, and he will show you the beans in different stages of development, and explain some of the defects in the beans and what caused them, etc.

However, there is no shortcut, you need to cup coffees, and taste different coffees. There is a HUGE selection of coffee in the world and there might not be any consumer product as complex as coffee.

It also might be a good idea to go to the Specialty Coffee Association of America website as they have some tools that will help in your quest. Like the flavor profile chart and the box of scents commonly found in coffee (I forgot what it is called).

He lives in Indonesia so the SCAA would not be applicable to him. The SCAA only applies to people who live in North America, particularly the USA.

amygdala

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I am currently in Jakarta right now and I would like to ask where is the best place to buy great coffee beans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Sm1th

Aug 5, 2018
Visit site
The famous one is ottencoffee or mr O coffee..
Or install tokopedia app and buy from there..
I am currently in Jakarta right now and I would like to ask where is the best place to buy great coffee beans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

Quality coffee isn't a random accident, but rather the result of much planning and attention to details from cultivation & harvesting, to sorting and processing, transporting and storage, and finally roasting and brewing. It will take a lifetime to get to a point where there is nothing left to learn, but start with learning about how beans are processed and sorted, and then learn how to cup coffee to develop your senses to recognize exceptional coffee coffee from good coffee, and of course the ability to recognize poor coffee. So much to be found on the internet.

Mr.Sm1th

Aug 5, 2018
Visit site
Quality coffee isn't a random accident, but rather the result of much planning and attention to details from cultivation & harvesting, to sorting and processing, transporting and storage, and finally roasting and brewing. It will take a lifetime to get to a point where there is nothing left to learn, but start with learning about how beans are processed and sorted, and then learn how to cup coffee to develop your senses to recognize exceptional coffee coffee from good coffee, and of course the ability to recognize poor coffee. So much to be found on the internet.
Thank you so much!

I am still learning bit by bit..
But i really love to know more..

DanielLopez

Nov 26, 2018
Visit site

Yes, you are right!

bighillcoffee

Dec 3, 2018
Visit site

The beans harvested the latest season generally produce a better quality beans. So when you buy beans make sure you buy the freshest green beans - something you may not be told when buying online.

Best of luck to you in your search for some great beans.

Mirsad

Mr.Sm1th

Aug 5, 2018
Visit site
The beans harvested the latest season generally produce a better quality beans. So when you buy beans make sure you buy the freshest green beans - something you may not be told when buying online.

Best of luck to you in your search for some great beans.

Mirsad
Yup I never told about this..

Does coffee beans deteriorate after wash?

JoeConiglioArmenia

Nov 10, 2017
NYC
Visit site
Yup I never told about this..

Does coffee beans deteriorate after wash?

Green coffee deteriorates at the slowest pace compared to roasted/ground. With that said you always want current crop and an arrival as recent as possible to ensure freshness. Grainpro bags will help keep the coffee as fresh as possible BUT don't forget it all goes back to the expertise of the farmer/mill specifically sorting/processing if picked properly. Green coffee is like a sponge so if a container had a funny item in it prior to shipping the green may take on some of those characteristics.

We always suggest you sample your green before buying it if you have the time & sample roasting capabilities. This will always ensure as much as possible your getting exactly what you expect. Don't be naive because remember we are talking about an agricultural product which are all unique.

Hope that helps a bit.

Mr.Sm1th

Aug 5, 2018
Visit site
Green coffee deteriorates at the slowest pace compared to roasted/ground. With that said you always want current crop and an arrival as recent as possible to ensure freshness. Grainpro bags will help keep the coffee as fresh as possible BUT don't forget it all goes back to the expertise of the farmer/mill specifically sorting/processing if picked properly. Green coffee is like a sponge so if a container had a funny item in it prior to shipping the green may take on some of those characteristics.

We always suggest you sample your green before buying it if you have the time & sample roasting capabilities. This will always ensure as much as possible your getting exactly what you expect. Don't be naive because remember we are talking about an agricultural product which are all unique.

Hope that helps a bit.
This helps a lot!

Thank You