Improvements on Decafe Coffee

I may have already talked about this, but I decided to permanently switch to decafe coffee over regular. I really more of a coffee taster than a caffeine guy anyways. I want to be able to drink lattes, espressos, cappuccinos, and cold brew decafinated and still get the same great taste that would be found in regular coffee. My questions is this; Has there been any improvement to the decade coffee that gives you the same great taste as regular coffee without the caffeine? Are we seeing single origin decafe coffee. Should I really just expect the fact that the flavor of it is just an afterthought?

211bma

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
I don't really bother playing with decaf much as the only time I actually use it is if I have a dinner party. I would assume that the technology to extract the caffeine will also remove other substances. So I would point you in the direction of researching the different methods of achieving the results that you are looking for, pros and cons.

One of the best ways to research this will be to cup and taste many decaffeinated coffees.

Good luck to you, you have your work cut out for you. Nobody can really help you much as your palate is yours and is therefore different than mine (or anyone else's).

211bma

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
I doubt that is true, the larger roasters probably are more likely to be that way, but the smaller ones are likely to be more flavor motivated.