Flavored Coffee

LuvCoffee

Nov 7, 2018
Visit site
Good Afternoon Java Nuts,

Quick Question, I am a Med-Dark, Dark Bean drinker but every once in a while I usually like nut flavored
coffees..... (like Pecan for instance) What I don't like is a coffee that has that added Extract Flavor..... Does anyone have a favorite
flavored coffee that taste like it was roasted with a flavor instead of it tasting like it is an added chemical?

Thanks, for your input.....

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Personally I do not like flavored coffee. I can say that our more unusual flavors sell more than the traditional flavored coffees. Our most popular flavored coffees are Morning Wood(horny goat weed added) Drunken Pig(bourbon and bacon) and Chicken and Waffles.

Irinikus

Nov 13, 2018
Visit site
I've put some roasted hazel nuts through my coffee grinder and used the grind in my espresso machine before with interesting results.

Maybe try pulling a shot of espresso and then pulling a shot of ground roasted pecan nuts into the same cup? (The nuts must be roasted though, before you put them through your grinder.)

essentialwonders

Apr 5, 2007
Akron, Ohio
Visit site
Some roasters use Chemicals and some use natural ingredients and some refuse to share their roasting process, you need to ask your roaster.

Catherine Marie's uses DaVinci or Hershey’s syrups and natural spices and flavors.
Step 1: Roast coffee.
Step 2. Degauss for 24-48 hrs.
Step 3: Put roasted beans into a 50-gallon barrel, add natural spices and flavors.
Step 4: Open and stir 3 times per day, most flavors are ready in 3-7 days, some of our flavors take up to 10 weeks to mature.
Some of our flavors have nuts in them, for example swiss chocolate almond, this coffee is mixed with Hershey’s Swiss Chocolate Syrup and fresh slivered almonds. Now don’t get me wrong, Blueberry Cobbler or Butter Cookie are huge sellers here in Ohio but there is no way to make that without artificial flavoring. On the other hand there is a massive difference between Flavored Syrups and Spray on Chemical Flavoring, the chemical flavoring has a chemical taste in my opinion.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I will take a pound of the pig
haha! Being from Florida have you ever heard of Funky Buddha? I helped him with this maple bacon coffee porter. Ten years or so ago I brought him some espresso and a bag of maple bacon coffee...he said "i am going to do a bacon beer with this coffee. I begged him not to. I said don't embarrass me by using one of my flavored coffees! It was a hit and People go nuts over this coffee porter! They only release it once a year and have a huge festival for the release.
https://funkybuddhabrewery.com/our-beers/little-buddha-small-batch/maple-bacon-coffee-porter#

DocCaffeine

Dec 19, 2018
Visit site
Personally I do not like flavored coffee. I can say that our more unusual flavors sell more than the traditional flavored coffees. Our most popular flavored coffees are Morning Wood(horny goat weed added) Drunken Pig(bourbon and bacon) and Chicken and Waffles.[/QUOTE

You can add bourbon and bacon in coffee? I think I have found my paradise!!!:grin:

DocCaffeine

Dec 19, 2018
Visit site
Personally I do not like flavored coffee. I can say that our more unusual flavors sell more than the traditional flavored coffees. Our most popular flavored coffees are Morning Wood(horny goat weed added) Drunken Pig(bourbon and bacon) and Chicken and Waffles.

Is the name of the coffee really "morning wood" that contains "horny goat weed extract"?