Coffee from Honduras

Honduras_Gourmet

Nov 1, 2003
Visit site
Thank You for all the people that asked for a sample of our coffee, the list stopped yesterday february 8. We will post a new date for sampling probably on september this year.

Again thank you for your requests and enjoy!!!

CoffeeLover

Mar 7, 2003
Coffee Shop
Visit site
:) The air is getting much cooler now my coffee machine will be churning much more coffee out this winter I can already tell. I'm up for giving this coffee a try :) Thank you for registering here and offering our readers a taste of your coffee!

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
Spoke (posted) too soon!

Received my samples today!

4 oz. Cafe San Marcos, Reguar Roast and 4 oz. Cafe Copan, Regular Roast, along with a nice, full color brochure.

From the brochure:

"Cafe San Marcos

Cafe San Marcos Supremo has a delicate body, bright flavor and sweet aroma; gourmet coffee lovers will feel wanting more of this special brand.

We have this coffee available in regular or dark roast. Both presentations can be obtained either in whole bean or ground.

The coffee from Honduras has begun to aquire a name internationally, and with pride we ride that fame on our flagship brand, San Marcos Supremo.

Cafe Copan

Cafe Copan was our first produced coffee, and it has gained more recognition as the years pass by and more coffee drinkers get the opportunity to taste it. It has a great mild taste with a mellow flavor and a wonderful aroma.

Cafe Copan is available in regular and dark roast, whole bean or ground.

The quality of coffee beans for both Copan and San Marcos Supremo is well known by coffee drinkers in Europe and Japan. Green beans began to be imported from Honduras in the mid-eighties to these regions, and now we take great pride in introducing our coffee into the United States market."

I will be brewing some up in just a short while!

Thanks, Copan!

[/b]

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
Cafe Copan

I see the dark roast version of Cafe Copan has been reviewed at The Coffee Review:

http://www.coffeereview.com/review.cfm?ID=754

I do not find the regular roast bitter; I find it, as smooth as advertised in the brochure, with a certain "pungency" I find intriguing (what is that flavor?) and pleasant. Nice, balanced acidity. I think this would make a fine breakfast coffee. (Although it's quite nice this afternoon, also!)

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
San Marcos Supremo

These coffees definitely have a quite distinctive flavor. I can't name it- it's different!

A cup, once in a while, is interesting for variety, but in larger qualities, I begin to tire a bit of the flavor, I'm afraid. :? YMMV!

dspender

Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
I got my samples the other day too!

I really liked the Cafe San Marcos although I found that the flavor definitely came out more in a French Press than in my Bunn. I wonder why?

Cafe Copan is your normal House Blend type coffee imho.

Both were definitely tasty tho! :)

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
à chaque son propre goût..

ainsi dites les Francaises...

So, I made another pot of the Copan. Again, very nice for me by the cup, as long as I don't have more than one. My wife loves this stuff, although she only ever drinks one cup/day.

hvk2001

Nov 21, 2003
Boston
Visit site
Thanks for your free sample! I found the Cafe San marcos Regular roast mild, smooth, pleasant, balanced and aromatic without unwanted bitterness. It makes for a nice breakfast or afternoon tea coffee. :p However I am very disappointed with the regular cafe Copan, which is tart, bitter and uneven. :( I hope a different brewing method could improve the result. I used a simple autodrip 12 cup coffeemaker with cone filter.

M

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
Both Nice for Us!

hvk2001 said:
Thanks for your free sample! I found the Cafe San marcos Regular roast mild, smooth, pleasant, balanced and aromatic without unwanted bitterness. It makes for a nice breakfast or afternoon tea coffee. :p However I am very disappointed with the regular cafe Copan, which is tart, bitter and uneven. :( I hope a different brewing method could improve the result. I used a simple autodrip 12 cup coffeemaker with cone filter.

M

Perhaps it is your brewing method. I've had quite pleasing results with both the Copan and the San Marcos (drinking the latter as I type this morning) using a French Press.

hvk2001

Nov 21, 2003
Boston
Visit site
Re: Both Nice for Us!

tintinet said:
Perhaps it is your brewing method. I've had quite pleasing results with both the Copan and the San Marcos (drinking the latter as I type this morning) using a French Press.

Perhaps...but how could you explain difference between the Copan and San Marcos while using the same autodrip? One is quite excellent and the other is totally flat!

:roll: M