Acid in coffee, two articles

211bma

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
I love the acidity in coffee, it's where most of the fruit, and floral flavors are. I am always perplexed by the way people complain about it.

I have never had any problems with acid reflux though, but I also think that it is somewhat like the gluten thing since some have issues many others just freak out and say maybe I have it too and give up gluten.

mawil1013

Jan 25, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Visit site
Yep, and it could be that some of us simply get shitty coffee (common drip grind) and blame the stomach upset on what they think is acid, after the coffee sat for 5 hours on the burner! and your correct the acid is the fruity, but most have been raised on drip and it certainly has lost something. I learned the most about acid and fruity notes by using Cascara. With Cascara it is obvious. Plus when the peach drink ingredients shows there is no peach juice, just apple juice, tricky, tricky! I'm now doing blends of Cascara and a Mountain grown Puerto Rican bean. I have a superauto espresso maker and will try blade grinding Cascara and when I do a single serve manual grind set up, try adding a 1/4 tsp of Cascara as the coffee grind goes in.