Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow745 View Post
    That's one of the main reasons I stick with Sweet Maria's for my greens. Their year round offerings/consistency, shipping rates, customer service, roasting/cupping/farm notes are top notch. Have yet to find what I'd consider defects/no debris and that's from ordering around 300# from them. May cost a bit more than others, but you get what you pay for.
    yup!!!!!!!!!!! Sweet Maria is my #1 for green coffee.

Awesome that your batch is on point, just pointing out that what's shown in that pic looks a bit underdeveloped in a few spots. If I were roasting for business and posting pics I'd definitely pick out any defects as it will happen now and then. No way every bean of every batch will be perfect every time.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

What appears under roasted beans in the Ethiopian coffee pic is because those beans are Quakers. The cherries were picked too early.
    Very common in Ethiopian coffee, especially from the Sidamo and Harrar regions. Left in the batch they will not effect the taste.

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJakJava View Post
    What appears under roasted beans in the Ethiopian coffee pic is because those beans are Quakers. The cherries were picked too early.
    Very common in Ethiopian coffee, especially from the Sidamo and Harrar regions. Left in the batch they will not effect the taste.
    YUP!! you are absolutely correct 3J.
    One quaker can ruin entire one full batch of my cold brew, ha ha ha.
    so, before I made my coffee (cold brew), i picked out few of them.

As for quakers, it is almost impossible to sort them out in green bean stage, so normally I hand pick them out after roasting..

i also want to know that

Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJakJava View Post
    Maybe not for you, but I imagine some tasters could pinpoint it. I don't bother with Ethiopian coffees unless it's for press and that's not often. I know a handful of underdeveloped beans in a batch would definitely show up in my espresso.

Used to buy quite a bit of Sidamo for commercial drip brewing and never noticed any defects in the quality, but I've been reading that the last few years of East African varietal have been less than great, so maybe why this shows up somewhat often.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Thanks for feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by BIC View Post
    I got them a week ago. Derek was nice enough to send me an extra bag (costa rica)
    I tried them with aeropress, regular brewed coffee and V60 plus cold brew.
    all excellent.
    very freshly & "consistently" roasted beans.

I will buy again. Thanks Derek & Debbie.
    Appreciate the feedback on these two coffees.
    We purchase on SPOT availability 150 lb bags out of the Seattle warehouse, as the season changes and crops change our offerings also change. This gives our customers great exposure to Organic coffees from many different farms & regions around the world.
    Hopefully we can arrange to get our hands on some of the Guatemala greens that you bring into the US.
    All the best!
    dp

I think the best option if to buy already roasted, ungrinded beans and then just grind them at home works for me and coffee tastes good. Death wish is alsoone of my favourites.

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by jonuk View Post
    I think the best option if to buy already roasted, ungrinded beans and then just grind them at home works for me and coffee tastes good. Death wish is alsoone of my favourites.
    i did not have good luck with deathwish coffee. do you like them because of taste or caffeine?

Inquire of the seller if they will sample you some bean and you pay for shipping? Maybe just enough bean for 2 cups, placed in thick padded envelope and first class mail?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links