Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

World’s Strongest Death Wish Coffee Beans

They offer a number of options; Whole beans, ground coffee, coffee pods and even a coffee subscription (if you dare). The common theme: high quality beans with whopping 3-6x more caffeine than a regular cup of coffee.
    Has anyone tried it?

I have not tried it but I am pretty sure that the way that they market it means that it tastes horrid.

Quote Originally Posted by choice11 View Post
    They offer a number of options; Whole beans, ground coffee, coffee pods and even a coffee subscription (if you dare). The common theme: high quality beans with whopping 3-6x more caffeine than a regular cup of coffee.
    Has anyone tried it?
    For anyone familiar with coffee, arabica varietals have the highest potential for the best tasting coffee beverage, but are not the highest in caffeine content. Robusta varietals have the high caffeine content, but do not provide the same potential for a flavorful cup of coffee. The best arabicas will always win in taste tests over best robustas. The best robustas can beat average arabicas. Ultimately, one has to decide, do you drink coffee for the flavor, or for the kick of caffeine? It's not unlike drinking alcohol, you can drink to get drunk or drink because you enjoy the beverage. It's a choice, but do not be fooled by the hype that a truly exceptional coffee can be both the best tasting and contain the highest amount of caffeine. They do not happen in nature and adding caffeine to a coffee will only degrade the taste as caffeine imparts a distinctively bitter, acerbic flavor.

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peaberry View Post
    For anyone familiar with coffee, arabica varietals have the highest potential for the best tasting coffee beverage, but are not the highest in caffeine content. Robusta varietals have the high caffeine content, but do not provide the same potential for a flavorful cup of coffee. The best arabicas will always win in taste tests over best robustas. The best robustas can beat average arabicas. Ultimately, one has to decide, do you drink coffee for the flavor, or for the kick of caffeine? It's not unlike drinking alcohol, you can drink to get drunk or drink because you enjoy the beverage. It's a choice, but do not be fooled by the hype that a truly exceptional coffee can be both the best tasting and contain the highest amount of caffeine. They do not happen in nature and adding caffeine to a coffee will only degrade the taste as caffeine imparts a distinctively bitter, acerbic flavor.
    hear! hear! very good comment, Mr.Peaberry.
    One thing though.... best Robusta can bean average Arabica?
    I would love to try out that best Robusta. do you know where I can get some in USA?
    thanks

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by choice11 View Post
    Has anyone tried it?
    Yes, I tried them, twice.
    but the taste wasn't good at all. However, I am not so certain that coffee has 3 to 6 times more.... that seems impossible to achieve.

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyCoffee View Post
    What will happen if you soak beans in liquid caffeine first before or during roasting (the same way they use water method to decaf)...
    Before maybe... During... maybe-not. After... another Maybe-not.

Quote Originally Posted by BIC View Post
    hear! hear! very good comment, Mr.Peaberry.
    One thing though.... best Robusta can bean average Arabica?
    I would love to try out that best Robusta. do you know where I can get some in USA?
    thanks
    You can talk to Mr. Robert Hensley of Coffee Training Institute in Burlingame, CA. 650) 259-9308. In his younger years, he was a sales rep for Probat Roasters, and he imports all kinds of coffee and tea. When I met him in 2001, he was working with some estates in Panama to import single origin Robusta. His claim is that, if done right, one can get a truly good coffee from that otherwise despised bean..lol!

Super Moderator
    You can add caffeine after you roast. Flavor companies sell the product.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post
    You can add caffeine after you roast. Flavor companies sell the product.
    doesn't change any coffee flavor at all?
    so basically, it is spraying / covering the beans with caffeine water/coating, right?

Super Moderator
    Propylene Glycol and caffeine. We have "non flavored" as well as flavor. Doesn't really affect the flavor. We sell most of our jacked up javas as flavor. Cupcake, Chocolate peanut butter and cinnamon.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links