Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow745 View Post
    Actually devised/built it myself and can be seen here as I recently tore it down for cleaning... https://imgur.com/a/q45fRP8

I roast at 3 heat levels to dry the coffee out somewhat and actually develop it from the inside outward. Some like to roast too hot/fast and the coffee is usually underdeveloped (acidic) internally. I start out at a lower level (200 degrees F hitting bean center mass) for 4 mins, then boost heat to have 350 degrees F hitting the center of bean mass and run that for 4 mins. Once 8 mins is reached I boost the heat to maintain 500 degrees F hitting center of bean mass. The heat gun has an infinite thermostat, which is awesome and small changes are made to offset ambient temp/wind, as I roast outdoors. For the coffees I choose to roast I hit 1C in the 11.5-12 min. range and that lasts around 1.5 mins or so, then smooths out. I take all coffees just barely to the beginning of 2C and that gives me a full city level. Unfortunately back in Sept 2018 an illness took my hearing in a quick 2 weeks and ever since I've adapted to roast strictly by appearance, aroma, etc. That's quite challenging compared to listening for cracks as those are sure indicators the coffee has reached a specific level of development, but so far so good not being able to hear any longer.
    Thank you so much. I will certainly check and study about this. Thanks and have a great weekend.

BIC
    I got it one day early.
    tomorrow, I will do some grinding, V60 or Aeropress..etc. but I decided to put out some photos now.
    the bag was vacuum packed which is a good thing since they advertise that it was roasted and packed in ITALY.
    and when I opened it, very surprisingly, the aroma wasn't bad at all.
    and as you can see, the roasting was also pretty decent. I did not find much of defective beans, quakers, nor other hideous beans that I saw from Amazon review photo.

that is a good new.
    Perhaps, I might be silently thanking "whycoffee" and "Amazon"?
    we will see how it works out tomorrow.

COFFEE REVIEW : Lavazza Sinfonico Whole Bean Blend, Dark Roast, .61 12 oz :+)-67125419_2430473090569806_889962217808592896_n.jpgCOFFEE REVIEW : Lavazza Sinfonico Whole Bean Blend, Dark Roast, .61 12 oz :+)-67151255_2430473130569802_5407277423806906368_n.jpgCOFFEE REVIEW : Lavazza Sinfonico Whole Bean Blend, Dark Roast, .61 12 oz :+)-67170196_2430473033903145_8422851984704405504_n.jpgCOFFEE REVIEW : Lavazza Sinfonico Whole Bean Blend, Dark Roast, .61 12 oz :+)-67510519_2430473177236464_4334532491781079040_n.jpg

I have seen this coffee in Amazon.
    But I have not tried it.

Interesting. Thank you very much for the information.

BIC
    This morning, I did some regular brew coffee, aeropress and pour over.

simply put : it is much better beans than what the cost from Amazon represents.
    I am not going to say much about cupping profile because there isn't much at this price and in commercial beans.
    this is around 78 point commercial beans. no defective bean flavors. slightly high acidity.

to compare with other general "market" coffee beans, it is better than $10 per pound Sprouts coffee or from Trader Joes.
    If I have to put some sort of retail market price on this beans, it should be around 8 to 9 dollars for 12 oz which is half of what is being sold at.

I was expecting something horrible, but it wasn't.
    good surprise, I should say.

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyCoffee View Post
    Too dark, probably re-roasted like "French Roast"...
    the taste wasn't so dark. I should say about "medium roast".

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by choice11 View Post
    I have seen this coffee in Amazon.
    But I have not tried it.
    for the price, it can not go wrong. please try it and let us know your own opinion.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BIC View Post
    This morning, I did some regular brew coffee, aeropress and pour over.

simply put : it is much better beans than what the cost from Amazon represents.
    I am not going to say much about cupping profile because there isn't much at this price and in commercial beans.
    this is around 78 point commercial beans. no defective bean flavors. slightly high acidity.

to compare with other general "market" coffee beans, it is better than $10 per pound Sprouts coffee or from Trader Joes.
    If I have to put some sort of retail market price on this beans, it should be around 8 to 9 dollars for 12 oz which is half of what is being sold at.

I was expecting something horrible, but it wasn't.
    good surprise, I should say.

A good surprise is always a nice thing. I'm glad it worked out okay.
    Thanks for letting us know how it worked out for you.

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyCoffee View Post
    Make some for your customers and ask them how much it worth. I just wonder how many people can tell...
    ha ha ha. my customers? they would not touch this with 100 foot pole.
    they only buy green beans that are being vacuum packed in 25 lbs of cartons.

we are very small green bean coop consisted of about 20 farms that compete in CoE events in Guatemala. (in 2019 Guatemala CoE event, 7 of our partner coop farms were placed within top 20.)

so, unfortunately, we do not and can not handle anything below 86.
    not that we are snobby or anything, just we can not compete with bigger farms and their lower pricing in commercial beans.
    Last edited by BIC; 07-22-2019 at 07:53 PM.

You may read the lavazza coffee review as i am concern the brand has all types of varieties.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links