Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    BIC

COFFEE REVIEW : Lavazza Sinfonico Whole Bean Blend, Dark Roast, $4.61 12 oz :+)

Just bought :

Lavazza Sinfonico Whole Bean Coffee Blend, Dark Roast, 12 Ounce

from Amazon at $4.61 12 oz. I mean... this can not be good. As Mr.Peaberry said, I can imagine there might be 90% robusta from Vietnam and 10% arabica (but low altitude beans or 3 years old green beans, left over from 3 harvest ago.... :+)

the package says. SLOW ROAST. Does anyone know what this means?

and it also has a photo that I can do "Chemex" (they put chemex photo with Pour Over letter on it...duhhhhh)
    I will be getting this coffee this Sunday, so by Sunday night or Monday, I will put up some photos and other infos.

COFFEE REVIEW : Lavazza Sinfonico Whole Bean Blend, Dark Roast, .61 12 oz :+)-51qzib-zurl._sx522_.jpgCOFFEE REVIEW : Lavazza Sinfonico Whole Bean Blend, Dark Roast, .61 12 oz :+)-51gxiuga8ul._sx522_.jpg

Super Moderator
    The simple definition of insanity is when you keep doing the same (crazy) thing over and over again, expecting different results.

Will you learn your lesson this time???

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    The simple definition of insanity is when you keep doing the same (crazy) thing over and over again, expecting different results.

Will you learn your lesson this time???
    well........ I have never done this Lavazza coffee thing. Never even had lavazza coffee. but I get you what you mean.
    but it would certainly be interesting, wouldn't it? (maybe not for you, but for me yes. and perhaps maybe for some few forum members... i hope)

And if this coffee is as bad as I think it is, as all we think it is... and perhaps it is, then, I will return and get the money back.

so, it is not really the "definition of insanity".

it is more calculated risk and curiosity, i think.

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyCoffee View Post
    If you are successful BIC, you should work for Lavazza. We will all recommend you or be your references.
    I can ask Lavazza for some donation for our NGO, but I wouldn't work for them.
    secondly, I do not think anyone here (well, except for few..like P.Rose) knows me well enough for the references.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BIC View Post
    well........ I have never done this Lavazza coffee thing. Never even had lavazza coffee. but I get you what you mean.
    but it would certainly be interesting, wouldn't it? (maybe not for you, but for me yes. and perhaps maybe for some few forum members... i hope)

And if this coffee is as bad as I think it is, as all we think it is... and perhaps it is, then, I will return and get the money back.

so, it is not really the "definition of insanity".

it is more calculated risk and curiosity, i think.
    Actually, I wasn't even thinking of Lavazza coffee. I was just referring to the craziness of ordering coffee from Amazon.

The nice thing is that you got free shipping and you can return it and get your money back. That takes some of the craziness out of the picture.

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    Actually, I wasn't even thinking of Lavazza coffee. I was just referring to the craziness of ordering coffee from Amazon.

The nice thing is that you got free shipping and you can return it and get your money back. That takes some of the craziness out of the picture.
    yes, i got free shipping and money back guarantee, but if the coffee is half decent and at least drinkable in a good and pleasant way, of course, I will keep it and quietly thank "whycoffee" and Amazon. good day Rose

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyCoffee View Post
    I got this strong feeling it will be a bad experience. From the pictures people posted there, I can tell I was right: those do look like picked up from floor...
    Yikes!!!. you are right. when I bought the coffee, I did not check the photo of the coffee bean that one customer posted.
    it is beyond hideous.....
    Honestly, if and in fact, the coffee that I will be getting this Sunday is somewhat resemble to this photo, I won't even be touching it with a ten foot pole.

COFFEE REVIEW : Lavazza Sinfonico Whole Bean Blend, Dark Roast, .61 12 oz :+)-67376359_2429143610702754_1019192543885131776_n.jpg
    Last edited by BIC; 07-18-2019 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BIC View Post
    Just bought :

Lavazza Sinfonico Whole Bean Coffee Blend, Dark Roast, 12 Ounce

from Amazon at $4.61 12 oz. I mean... this can not be good. As Mr.Peaberry said, I can imagine there might be 90% robusta from Vietnam and 10% arabica (but low altitude beans or 3 years old green beans, left over from 3 harvest ago.... :+)

the package says. SLOW ROAST. Does anyone know what this means?

and it also has a photo that I can do "Chemex" (they put chemex photo with Pour Over letter on it...duhhhhh)
    I will be getting this coffee this Sunday, so by Sunday night or Monday, I will put up some photos and other infos.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51qziB-ZurL._SX522_.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	10059Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51gXIugA8UL._SX522_.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	10060
    Dunno about the 'slow roast' thing, but many people think if you slow roast you end up with flavorless 'baked' coffee. I seriously challenge lame claims such as that as it depends on the roast mechanism, coffee, temp/humidity, a person's taste/expectations, etc. In the past I've roasted a bit hotter/faster and ended up with less body/flavor. Dropped the temp between 1/2C to stretch it out a bit and on the first attempt ended up with outstanding espresso. I imagine the main reason commercial roasters like to knock it out quickly is there's less labor involved, less of whatever fuel source is utilized, etc. All those things enhance or eat away at the end result... profit.

The coffee in the pic in this thread looks piss poor, no excuse for it. I have attached a pic/link for a recent batch of a single origin dry processed Brazil Pedra Branca I roasted. Normally won't bother with single origins as for espresso they tend to be bland/one-dimensional, but this one is outrageous. Will definitely get 5-10# of it on my next order. Just thought I would share what a great coffee can be when done in a home devised/built roaster at half the cost most coffees already roasted cost.

https://imgur.com/a/uNftAAo

COFFEE REVIEW : Lavazza Sinfonico Whole Bean Blend, Dark Roast, .61 12 oz :+)-mwcgbbi.jpg
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow745 View Post
    I have attached a pic/link for a recent batch of a single origin dry processed Brazil Pedra Branca I roasted. Normally won't bother with single origins as for espresso they tend to be bland/one-dimensional, but this one is outrageous. Will definitely get 5-10# of it on my next order. Just thought I would share what a great coffee can be when done in a home devised/built roaster at half the cost most coffees already roasted cost.

https://imgur.com/a/uNftAAo

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MWcgbbi.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	994.0 KB 
ID:	10064
    Wow.... Shadow745, this roast looks absolutely perfect. amazingly consistent and evenly roasted beans!!!
    if you do not mind me asking, what roaster do you use? and can you tell us bit more about your roasting methods and techniques?
    thanks for help.

Actually devised/built it myself and can be seen here as I recently tore it down for cleaning... https://imgur.com/a/q45fRP8

I roast at 3 heat levels to dry the coffee out somewhat and actually develop it from the inside outward. Some like to roast too hot/fast and the coffee is usually underdeveloped (acidic) internally. I start out at a lower level (200 degrees F hitting bean center mass) for 4 mins, then boost heat to have 350 degrees F hitting the center of bean mass and run that for 4 mins. Once 8 mins is reached I boost the heat to maintain 500 degrees F hitting center of bean mass. The heat gun has an infinite thermostat, which is awesome and small changes are made to offset ambient temp/wind, as I roast outdoors. For the coffees I choose to roast I hit 1C in the 11.5-12 min. range and that lasts around 1.5 mins or so, then smooths out. I take all coffees just barely to the beginning of 2C and that gives me a full city level. Unfortunately back in Sept 2018 an illness took my hearing in a quick 2 weeks and ever since I've adapted to roast strictly by appearance, aroma, etc. That's quite challenging compared to listening for cracks as those are sure indicators the coffee has reached a specific level of development, but so far so good not being able to hear any longer.
    Last edited by shadow745; 07-20-2019 at 09:45 AM.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links