Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BIC

Jamaican blue mountain coffee comments?

I have tried a lot of different coffees in my life, and I believe that I have tried JBM a couple of years back.
    however, I did not find anything spectacular. or that JBM might have been a blend like "kona blend". I do not know.

has anyone roasted or tried "really good JBM" coffee?
    what do you think of it?

A few months ago I bought a sample of four plantation beans all different plantations, I didn't like any of them and feel it's all hype.

Beautiful place and crisp clean water... but skip the JBC and have a Guinness! Seriously...

I think it is VERY good, but for less you can get many coffees that are just as good, or even better.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by 211bma View Post
    I think it is VERY good, but for less you can get many coffees that are just as good, or even better.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    thanks for your comment. can you elaborate why it is very good? have you tasted genuine JBM coffees recently?

I’ve tried JBM a few times. It had nice chocolate undertones and I thought it was very good coffee but not worth the high price. JBM appears to be the coffee which is recognized as the “best” coffee in the world. I’m not of that school of thought. Of course, what is “best” is purely subjective. My coffee of choice is Kona, especially Kona peaberry. I also like Tanzanian peaberry a lot, and it’s a quarter of the price of Kona peaberry or JBM. Kenya AA is another affordable coffee that stacks up well against JBM (IMO, of course).

Bottom line is I feel JBM is overrated and that there are coffees just as good or better for a fraction of the cost.

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeeholic49 View Post
    I’ve tried JBM a few times. It had nice chocolate undertones and I thought it was very good coffee but not worth the high price. JBM appears to be the coffee which is recognized as the “best” coffee in the world. I’m not of that school of thought. Of course, what is “best” is purely subjective. My coffee of choice is Kona, especially Kona peaberry. I also like Tanzanian peaberry a lot, and it’s a quarter of the price of Kona peaberry or JBM. Kenya AA is another affordable coffee that stacks up well against JBM (IMO, of course).

Bottom line is I feel JBM is overrated and that there are coffees just as good or better for a fraction of the cost.
    yep. completely agree.
    if you liked Tanzanian Peaberry, you probably would like washed coffee from Kenya or from Ethiopia.
    Ethiopian being #1 coffee in the world, it has very complex fruity flavor plus refined acidity.

In this coffee drinker's humble opinion, it's a very good and consistent coffee... but the name is what sells it! My closest comparison would be to a high grade Colombian Supremo coffee. Clean and sweet, perhaps a note of cherry or apple.. but all things being equal, I would probably advise just buying the Colombia Supremo.

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalCoffee View Post
    In this coffee drinker's humble opinion, it's a very good and consistent coffee... but the name is what sells it! My closest comparison would be to a high grade Colombian Supremo coffee. Clean and sweet, perhaps a note of cherry or apple.. but all things being equal, I would probably advise just buying the Colombia Supremo.
    Royal Coffee..... it sounds like a major green coffee buyer in northern California.
    just curious, if you know... what is the cost of Colombia Supremo vs JBM coffee?
    do you know?

Way overrated.

Want a cheap cheap version ? Well you can't but I (being a Canadian) can. Cuban coffee is stolen/transplanted/planted from the JBM varietal. Get some Turquino and you can drink way cheaper Blue Mountain

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links