Thumbs up Any thoughts about Guatemala Beans? Recommendations?

I am new to this forum and it looks like everything posted here is extremely informative. QQ - any thought abouot Guatemala Beans in general? I've start purchasing some beans ( Guatemala Los Santos ) from one of in-house coffee roasters here in Seattle and it completely changed my view of coffee beans. What's your general thought about Guatemala origin bean? The roaster I bought beans is called wecoffeeu ( you can google it) and I should probably keep buying from there for quite while.

Experts, Any recommendations you think the best?

thanks.

The Guatemalan I had by musicphan was insanely delicious and I highly recommend it!

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by waynetoous View Post
    I am new to this forum and it looks like everything posted here is extremely informative. QQ - any thought abouot Guatemala Beans in general? I've start purchasing some beans ( Guatemala Los Santos ) from one of in-house coffee roasters here in Seattle and it completely changed my view of coffee beans. What's your general thought about Guatemala origin bean? The roaster I bought beans is called wecoffeeu ( you can google it) and I should probably keep buying from there for quite while.

Experts, Any recommendations you think the best?

thanks.
    Aha (second one of the night!) I work in Guatemala as specialty green bean exporter!!!!
    Best Guatemala bean is from huehuetenango region. Possibly from Cuilco sub region in huehuetenango.
    Maragogepe and gesha are two of the best Guatemalan beans.
    Welcome. Waynetoous

Quote Originally Posted by BIC View Post
    Aha (second one of the night!) I work in Guatemala as specialty green bean exporter!!!!
    Best Guatemala bean is from huehuetenango region. Possibly from Cuilco sub region in huehuetenango.
    Welcome. Waynetoous
    Are geisha beans worth the money and what makes them so expensive?

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by wstsider View Post
    Are geisha beans worth the money and what makes them so expensive?
    worth the money? for very specialty coffee buyers, yes. Customers must know what gesha is and how different its aroma and flavor are.
    it does make the best flavored coffee drinks such as chemex, siphon, pour over, aeropress and even regular filtered coffee.
    however, probably not worth to make espress based coffees.

I sell normal specialty beans 87+ Maragogype at $3.50 per pound of green coffee. As for 92+ gesha, it goes for $18 to $19 per pound.
    That price is FOB Guatemala port.

why so expensive?
    few reason.
    1. one of kind aroma and flavor.
    2. yield is about 1/3 of regular coffee plant
    3. it need 3 times more fertilization than normal coffee.
    4. perfect picking the ripe beans and perfect water, honey or natural process with a lot of care. that means a lot of labors which equals to money.
    5. we must use micro lot bean processing machines (not the commercial kind). the machines are different to sort out more and cleans the bean better.
    that also translate to money money.
    6. most of gesha is being sold with Vacuum packaging which cost $0.30 per pound. in 25 pounds of vacuum box. on the other hand, jute bags are free. well... it costs us to buy them, but we included into our pricing. but for vacuum, we charge customers extra $0.30 per pound.

Quote Originally Posted by BIC View Post
    Welcome. Waynetoous
    I have a Huehuetenango as well, from Happy Mug. They don't say where in the region its from, so I'm assuming its an amalgamation from various farms. Delicious!
    One of my favorites now, as I love the taste and they're quite easy to roast.

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by j_monika View Post
    I have a Huehuetenango as well, from Happy Mug. They don't say where in the region its from, so I'm assuming its an amalgamation from various farms. Delicious!
    One of my favorites now, as I love the taste and they're quite easy to roast.
    what do you use for your own home roasting? or business roasting?

Guatemalan Huehue is my favorite as well... I tend to like most central american coffees - Guat, Nicaraguan & El Salvador are my 3 fav's... probably more than Ethiopian which most people prefer. I do drink most of my coffee in Espresso form so those coffees tend to be full-bodied and on the chocolatey side. The container just arrived with our new Huehuetenango coffee (or feature of the month)...

https://www.encorecoffeeco.com/colle...go-finca-el-xx

Mike

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links