Pricing of Green Beans

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Your selling green Arabica for 11 euros? That's really high unless you are selling to home roasters. Sweet Maria is a source of green for home roasters here in the states and even they have a Kenya Kiambu AA for $7.something.

Jan 25, 2020
Visit site
Your selling green Arabica for 11 euros? That's really high unless you are selling to home roasters. Sweet Maria is a source of green for home roasters here in the states and even they have a Kenya Kiambu AA for $7.something.
The 11 euros is for our premium beans using Wine processing method, its aroma is noticably more fragrant than washed coffees and has a more acidic and fermented taste to them.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
The 11 euros is for our premium beans using Wine processing method, its aroma is noticably more fragrant than washed coffees and has a more acidic and fermented taste to them.

I'm not a fan of wine or fruity/citrusy note coffees, so I can imagine how that process method might negatively influence the taste for me, but surely some can/will appreciate it.

Jan 25, 2020
Visit site
Its actually a bit different, we ferment ours anaerobically, heres the description of the process if youre interested.

Process:
Our Wine coffee is processed by washing selected cherry coffees, dried in the sun for two hours then put in a bag and tightly closed so as to produce anaerobic conditions for fermentation. Cherries are left to ferment for a week, opened, dried for four hours and then made to ferment again for six days and less for each subsequent process until the seeds in the cherries reach a moisture content of 12-13%. The dried coffee cherries are then peeled and sorted according to their respective grades.

Jan 25, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for the info. How long have you been producing this coffee? How much do you produce and where is it mostly purchased?
The process itself has been practiced for some time, maybe around 2015, my partner in sumatra produce at most a ton per month, im not sure if the big indonesian suppliers currently export them worldwide as I dont see any of them in their price list. I heard that some have been exported to Dubai but mostly its usually sold for local speciality coffee shops although I am currently trying to promote them for the international market.

Are you talking about Giling Basah? Either way this is about twice the current price of green beans in the USA.
We were in the UK last winter and coffee was actually cheaper there than stateside. I'd say from 1 to 10 you'd be
at 11 in terms of price