Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pricing of Green Beans

How would you justify 20Euros/kg price tag for green beans?
    And on a scale of 1-10 (1-Cheap to 10-Most expensive) where would it sit?

Super Moderator
    20 Euros per Kilo?? That's over $10 a lb...where would that sit green? between 1 and 10 I would have to say 20.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

20 Euros per kilo is just too much. I sell green beans per kilo at around the range 4 Euros for Robusta coffees and around 6-11 Euros for Arabica coffees. hope that helps

Super Moderator
    Your selling green Arabica for 11 euros? That's really high unless you are selling to home roasters. Sweet Maria is a source of green for home roasters here in the states and even they have a Kenya Kiambu AA for $7.something.

Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post
    Your selling green Arabica for 11 euros? That's really high unless you are selling to home roasters. Sweet Maria is a source of green for home roasters here in the states and even they have a Kenya Kiambu AA for $7.something.
    The 11 euros is for our premium beans using Wine processing method, its aroma is noticably more fragrant than washed coffees and has a more acidic and fermented taste to them.

Quote Originally Posted by IndonesianCoffeeTrader View Post
    The 11 euros is for our premium beans using Wine processing method, its aroma is noticably more fragrant than washed coffees and has a more acidic and fermented taste to them.
    I'm not a fan of wine or fruity/citrusy note coffees, so I can imagine how that process method might negatively influence the taste for me, but surely some can/will appreciate it.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Super Moderator
    I had a Brazilian coffee that the family who owns the farm used to grow wine in Italy. I understand that has similar characteristics as wine but I am not kidding when I say that it was like drinking a dry white wine...so crazy!! 11 euros green?? Not that crazy
    https://www.interamericancoffee.com/...anging-brazil/

Its actually a bit different, we ferment ours anaerobically, heres the description of the process if youre interested.

Process:
    Our Wine coffee is processed by washing selected cherry coffees, dried in the sun for two hours then put in a bag and tightly closed so as to produce anaerobic conditions for fermentation. Cherries are left to ferment for a week, opened, dried for four hours and then made to ferment again for six days and less for each subsequent process until the seeds in the cherries reach a moisture content of 12-13%. The dried coffee cherries are then peeled and sorted according to their respective grades.

Super Moderator
    Thanks for the info. How long have you been producing this coffee? How much do you produce and where is it mostly purchased?

Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post
    Thanks for the info. How long have you been producing this coffee? How much do you produce and where is it mostly purchased?
    The process itself has been practiced for some time, maybe around 2015, my partner in sumatra produce at most a ton per month, im not sure if the big indonesian suppliers currently export them worldwide as I dont see any of them in their price list. I heard that some have been exported to Dubai but mostly its usually sold for local speciality coffee shops although I am currently trying to promote them for the international market.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links