Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    152

    Brazilian coffee beans from Jordan

    Got me some Brazilian Jordanian beans

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    470
    ....and we care because ?

  3. #3
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Boca Raton
    Posts
    3,577
    So how was it? Looks a bit uneven. Did you roast it?
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

  4. #4
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Near Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    5,023
    Quote Originally Posted by wstsider View Post
    Got me some Brazilian Jordanian beans
    Hi wstsider,

    Where did you buy the beans from? ( a local roaster? or online?)

    After you grind the beans and brew the coffee, please let us know how it all worked out for you.

    ~ Rose

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    Hi wstsider,

    Where did you buy the beans from? ( a local roaster? or online?)

    After you grind the beans and brew the coffee, please let us know how it all worked out for you.

    ~ Rose
    I bought them from a local Arabic store! The beans come from Jordan and are roasted in LA and they get shipments every 2 weeks! I brewed my usual pour over and the flavors where a bit different then a Brazilian! Interesting flavors though!

  6. #6
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Boca Raton
    Posts
    3,577
    I'm confused. Brazilian coffee from Jordan. Roasted in LA? So they shipped the coffee from Brazil to Jordan then to Los Angeles to be roasted? Not sure what the journey does for the green...how much do they charge for the coffee?
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post
    I'm confused. Brazilian coffee from Jordan. Roasted in LA? So they shipped the coffee from Brazil to Jordan then to Los Angeles to be roasted? Not sure what the journey does for the green...how much do they charge for the coffee?
    7 bucks a pound and it has an interesting and unique flavor profile and different from any other Brazilian I’ve tried

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    470
    If one has had any experience dealing with the middle east, one would know that in purchasing decisions, the only factor that matters is price. Sure they will ask for quality but only at the lowest price. As an example, I dealt with one RFP where they were asking for a grade 1 pulse and were quite demanding. Our prices were way out of line. In the end, they bought grade 4 at the price they wanted....basically bottom of the barrel.

    I do know that they do this with coffee also. The farmer that I purchase Brazils from told me that his friend won a contract and wanted to store coffee beans prior to shipment in his warehouses. He refused as he was so afraid of contaminating his Cup of Excellence quality beans with the shiite that his friend had won the contract with.

    I guess my point is, that funkiness in the bean may or may not be repeatable but probably is a result of a defect, whether from growing, processing or storage

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by wmark View Post
    If one has had any experience dealing with the middle east, one would know that in purchasing decisions, the only factor that matters is price. Sure they will ask for quality but only at the lowest price. As an example, I dealt with one RFP where they were asking for a grade 1 pulse and were quite demanding. Our prices were way out of line. In the end, they bought grade 4 at the price they wanted....basically bottom of the barrel.

    I do know that they do this with coffee also. The farmer that I purchase Brazils from told me that his friend won a contract and wanted to store coffee beans prior to shipment in his warehouses. He refused as he was so afraid of contaminating his Cup of Excellence quality beans with the shiite that his friend had won the contract with.

    I guess my point is, that funkiness in the bean may or may not be repeatable but probably is a result of a defect, whether from growing, processing or storage
    When you dealt with the Middle East, RFP was made in what language? For example, if I wanted to order coffee supplies from Brazil, do I need to translate rfp into Portuguese? I made inquiries about a similar service and found https://thewordpoint.com/services/tr...ation-services that is ready to do this. The only question is how much is relevant for me or I you do without it. I can not find specific information.
    Last edited by Nicobaby; 06-25-2020 at 06:54 PM.

 

 

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Brazilian Coffee Exports and Trade
    By rod_barbalat in forum Business to Business B2B
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-11-2017, 06:18 AM
  2. Brazilian cerrado Coffee bean
    By Japiru in forum Business to Business B2B
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-14-2015, 08:28 PM
  3. Brazilian company
    By patrickfrade in forum Business to Business B2B
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-21-2015, 03:20 PM
  4. Brazilian Cerrado Coffee Bean
    By Japiru in forum Coffee Beans & Espresso Beans
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-31-2015, 02:40 PM
  5. Brazilian roasted or green coffee export
    By patrickfrade in forum Coffee Industry Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-25-2014, 06:33 AM