Does anybody know where I can get a good Ugandan Bean ??

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Dunno if you want green or roasted, but I recently bought 5# of this green https://happymugcoffee.com/products/uganda-rwenzori-natural?_pos=1&_sid=d807cfeba&_ss=r and find it to be quite good. First time roasting anything from Uganda and I always seek out dry processed as often as possible as it gives me very bold flavor profiles/heavy body that I like for espresso. I go a touch darker to minimize the fruitiness that can come through with dry processed coffees. That one has very strong notes of cocoa and strawberry. Not a fan of fruity espresso, but the taste/aroma from that is quite awesome.

A lot of Ugandan coffee is grown on the slopes of Mount Elgon.
If you look at a map, you will see that Mount Elgon is huge and spans the border between Uganda and Kenya.
Kenya coffee from Mount Elgon is much more expensive. Is it that much better?
I have been buying Ugandan Mount Elgon coffee for years.
My experience is that it is a good price for the quality.
Don't take my word for it, buy samples of Kenyan & Ugandan Mount Elgon coffees and taste for yourself.
If you are a home roaster, I agree that Happy Mug Coffee is a good supplier (no, I'm not in any way affiliated with them).

wstsider

May 24, 2019
Visit site
A lot of Ugandan coffee is grown on the slopes of Mount Elgon.
If you look at a map, you will see that Mount Elgon is huge and spans the border between Uganda and Kenya.
Kenya coffee from Mount Elgon is much more expensive. Is it that much better?
I have been buying Ugandan Mount Elgon coffee for years.
My experience is that it is a good price for the quality.
Don't take my word for it, buy samples of Kenyan & Ugandan Mount Elgon coffees and taste for yourself.
If you are a home roaster, I agree that Happy Mug Coffee is a good supplier (no, I'm not in any way affiliated with them).

I’m wanting to home roast but I also wanna see who else is selling roasted coffee