Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please Support Local/Small Businesses During this Stressful Time

Hey Coffee People -

Obviously the week has been pretty stressful for all of us... and for many like myself, the health concerns are compounded by the economic stresses of a downturn in the economy. Small businesses are somewhat like the elderly, we are the most susceptible and more fragile than our large counterparts. If you can, support a small business, I can assure you were THANKFUL for every order.

I'm going to list my website here - I encourage other small businesses to add to this chain. Many of us aren't asking for a handout, just a hand up.

Something to think about... (Rose/Topher - I assume this is cool considering the situation)

www.encorecoffeeco.com

Thanks - Mike

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicphan View Post
    Hey Coffee People -

Obviously the week has been pretty stressful for all of us... and for many like myself, the health concerns are compounded by the economic stresses of a downturn in the economy. Small businesses are somewhat like the elderly, we are the most susceptible and more fragile than our large counterparts. If you can, support a small business, I can assure you were THANKFUL for every order.

I'm going to list my website here - I encourage other small businesses to add to this chain. Many of us aren't asking for a handout, just a hand up.

Something to think about... (Rose/Topher - I assume this is cool considering the situation)

www.encorecoffeeco.com

Thanks - Mike

Mike,

I'm "cool" with it.

I just hope this thread doesn't turn into another heated Coronavirus debate. If it does, we'll have to shut if down. too.

Feel free to reach out to our Forum members who are looking to buy coffee on-line (mainly through private messaging). Do whatever you need to do to get by. I'm okay with bending the rules for a while.

~ Rose

We are still dining out every weekend and don't plan to stop anytime soon. Business needs support, big or small. We went to a Vietnamese place Friday night and still see some customers there. Anybody still remember 2009 flu pandemic (swine flu/H1N1)? 120,000 people died in US alone! I asked many people and nobody even remember it...

After dinner, we went to a Costco across street to buy some groceries. Then I found some notes saying each customer can only buy certain amount of toilet paper/tissue something. I asked people why they want to buy so much, they say because they saw other people are buying!
    Last edited by IFixJura; 03-15-2020 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    Mike,

I'm "cool" with it.

I just hope this thread doesn't turn into another heated Coronavirus debate. If it does, we'll have to shut if down. too.

Feel free to reach out to our Forum members who are looking to buy coffee on-line (mainly through private messaging). Do whatever you need to do to get by. I'm okay with bending the rules for a while.

~ Rose
    I completely understand and hope that we can prevent discussion of the issue. I was just hope we could bring awareness to all of the small businesses represented on the forum.

Absolutely, all types of business are facing major losses due to the world-wide threat "corona virus".

The business's that I supply tell me that they are down 50% - 70%. I hope this does not last more than a month (a month is stressful enough as it is). Just need people to practise common sense and proper hygiene

Quote Originally Posted by wmark View Post
    The business's that I supply tell me that they are down 50% - 70%. I hope this does not last more than a month (a month is stressful enough as it is). Just need people to practise common sense and proper hygiene
    Spot on and the ridiculous panic setting into some (hoarding, shopping, disrespect for others) is quite the joke from my perspective.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Quote Originally Posted by shadow745 View Post
    Spot on and the ridiculous panic setting into some (hoarding, shopping, disrespect for others) is quite the joke from my perspective.
    Exactly!!! People are acting like complete idiots over this! We have survived everything else and now they are freaking out over this little flu?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicphan View Post
    Hey Coffee People -

www.encorecoffeeco.com

Thanks - Mike

Please, let's get back to the original intent of this thread.

If you have a small (coffee related) business, and you would like to share your website information here, please feel free to do so.

~ Rose

This place is amazing and the owners are awesome! What they do is incredible and with the purchase of every bag of beans you put a foster kid to work for an hour.

https://covenantcoffee.org/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links