Advise Please: Do local roasters give brewing advice when you buy their coffee beans?

czcusco

Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
When you buy the beans do they have a recommended shot dose, time and temp? Or do you generally play around with it and dial it in?

Just trying to find the most economical way of dial in without wasting beans.

Thoughts?

211bma

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Many places will have this information if you ask and many will not. I usually roast my own and though I usually have ideas of which direction to go in because of things like origin, variety, or process, I have to figure it out. When I roast for others I often will try to point them in the right direction.

Harry_Will1

Apr 20, 2020
Visit site
When you buy the beans do they have a recommended shot dose, time and temp? Or do you generally play around with it and dial it in?

Just trying to find the most economical way of dial in without wasting beans.

Thoughts?

Many local rosters give brewing advice if you ask them about their beans. It all depends on you how you want it to be. You need to figure it out and make it work for you.
You can seek help online if you are afraid of wasting beans. You might find what works best for you.

czcusco

Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
thanks everyone. i'll talk to the roasters and see. i usually just buy my beans in the store.. so totally new to this experience of buying from local roasters.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
I personally don't give much brewing guidelines outside of generally accepted ratios/etc. There are simply too many variables to account for in brewing a good cup of coffee.