Anyone used Drinktrade before?

czcusco

Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
Was browsing through IG and this popped up.

Drinktrade.com

Seems like they ship roasted beans to your door.

I usually buy my beans from grocery store which may not be good for my espresso experience, so looking to get some fresh roasted beans.

Thoughts on this? Also opened to other subscriptions type services as well to try out.

Thanks

TangyWasabi

Mar 25, 2020
East Coast USA
Visit site
Never tried that one but I have heard that La Marzoccos subscription service is good and you really can’t go wrong with any subscriptions from local roasters. I personally use Angels Cup because they have an option for 4, 4oz bags from different roasters, it gives me a lot of new roasters to try out every month.

czcusco

Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
Never tried that one but I have heard that La Marzoccos subscription service is good and you really can’t go wrong with any subscriptions from local roasters. I personally use Angels Cup because they have an option for 4, 4oz bags from different roasters, it gives me a lot of new roasters to try out every month.

Thank you! Will look into that. Having a variety is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Was browsing through IG and this popped up.

Drinktrade.com

Seems like they ship roasted beans to your door.

I usually buy my beans from grocery store which may not be good for my espresso experience, so looking to get some fresh roasted beans.

Thoughts on this? Also opened to other subscriptions type services as well to try out.

Thanks

Is this an affiliate link? Are you selling for Trade?

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
So I finally went and checked them out. Wow. First coffee I clicked on was $21.21 for 12 oz. That's $28.27 a lb. Now before everyone jumps on me and says they are artisan and they should charge that amount. This is the description the artisan gave for coffee that will run you $30 with shipping a lb. "[FONT=&quot]Oh man, this coffee. real nice" [/FONT]
https://www.drinktrade.com/time-and-temperature/p/234
czcusco...where do you live? Let us know and lets see if we can find a roaster for you. Also what kind of coffee are you interested in?

Denrael

Sep 27, 2020
Visit site
I have tried them. Pricey yes, but I really enjoy trying different craft roasters from around the country. They do a nice job of letting you rate what they send and dialing in future shipments to be to your liking. If you have particular roasters you like, probably not worth the price, but as a discovery tool, I'm having fun with them.

anonymous1989

Jul 9, 2020
Visit site
I've never heard about drinktrade before, although I must say drinktrade sounds pretty cool and catchy. The fact that they ship roasted beans to your door it is an important advantage. The only thing I'm wondering about is their prices, and my guess is that they probably charge a little bit too much for the product they are offering. The question is also if the trade part has any connection with trading itself, which I'm actually more involved in than the coffee business, to be honest. I've found at https://affiliateghost.com/best-affiliate-marketing-tools/ some amazing marketing tools I've started using recently and they've been so helpful I can only compare it to drinktrade shipping roasted beans to my door.

BlackInkCoffee

Oct 20, 2020
Visit site
I do not recommend it. They wanted our coffee on their site and wanted us to roast it darker to give it the "bitter" taste most customers want, and they take most of the profit (not to mention it is ridiculously over priced). I recommend looking at the brands they sell and then going directly to those brand pages to buy and support them, while also paying less usually.

BlackInkCoffee

Oct 20, 2020
Visit site
YUP! Our dark roast is more of a medium dark roast since we try to avoid any bitterness and try to preserve subtle tasting notes, they wanted it darker and more "burnt" tasting for their customers that like very very dark coffee. I declined haha

Mastergoden

Oct 26, 2020
Visit site
I've subscribed to Trade before -- great company. The app's easy to use and the roasters are all reputable. It's my suggestion for people who want to explore great coffee from a reputable company.