Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MntnMan62 View Post
    I think those descriptive tasting notes are merely a gimmick by the industry to create this allure that the wine industry has adopted. Frankly, I've never tasted any of the things they describe in some of the wines I've drunk. I just know if I like it or not. And frankly, roof tar and apshalt aren't desirable tastes that I want in my wine or coffee, yet read enough of these things and you'll see them mentioned. It just makes me laugh.
    i was thinking it was a gimmmick too

I also noticed that many coffee varieties have a chocolate or fruit tone.
    But personally I like it. I like to try something new, new flavors, new varieties and so on. And this applies to everything, not just coffee. I'm not a conservative at all.
    Because for example, my father is very conservative. He has been drinking green tea of the same variety all his life. I do not understand how he did not get bored.
    And I'm happy to try something new.

Quote Originally Posted by MntnMan62 View Post
    I think those descriptive tasting notes are merely a gimmick by the industry to create this allure that the wine industry has adopted. Frankly, I've never tasted any of the things they describe in some of the wines I've drunk. I just know if I like it or not. And frankly, roof tar and apshalt aren't desirable tastes that I want in my wine or coffee, yet read enough of these things and you'll see them mentioned. It just makes me laugh.
    I will say that I do consume only espresso and roast coffee specifically for that. I mention that as the pressure can definitely bring out notes that might be hidden by other brew methods. I can definitely vouch for different coffees having all sorts of noticeable notes depending on origin, process method and roast (as mentioned). In various coffees I roast I easily detect strong notes of say chocolate (think unsweetened baker's cocoa), peanut, pecan, different berries like strawberry, blueberry, even blackberry. Some also give off strong citrus notes like tangerine, lemon, those sorts of things. What I like to do is find dry processed coffees from Central/South America and they can sometimes give off fruit-like notes, but I roast a bit darker to mute those and really bring out the bold/murky notes, like chocolate, caramel, nut, etc. Some coffees can indeed smell like a candy bar, chocolate covered strawberries, etc.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

I like my coffee to have hints of moss, wet stone, roof tar, ashphalt, cigarette butts, coriander and several days old mussels.
    Absurdity is the only reality - FZ

Reads like the majority of what's available... I personally don't care for the delicate notes many coffees possess and expect espresso to taste like very bold coffee, but equally as important for me is the texture. I push for heavy body/crema as much as I do for flavor as IMBHO it makes espresso what it is.

I'll also mention that I won't waste time/effort/$ on the lighter/underdeveloped stuff. Most of what I've tried in the past wasn't much more than glorified tea with the insane brightness, delicate notes, etc. So yeah I do appreciate coffee flavored coffee, lmao.
    Last edited by shadow745; 11-28-2020 at 01:39 PM.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links