Question: The Best Low Acidic Coffee??

zephyr

Jul 3, 2005
Visit site
I need to start drinking some coffee with low acidity. What would you suggest I do. Maybe adding something to the coffee can decrease the acidity, or a certain coffee type has low levels. Coffee tamer is not available in my area so I need something else???????????/

ElPugDiablo

Espresso blend tend to have low acidity, so drink espresso, cappuccino or latte. You can use robusta-free espresso blend for dripped or pressed coffee as well. Other than that, there are a few things to look for. Lower grow coffee tend to have lower acidity. Pulp natural process and natural dry process also have less acidity. By country, try Brazil, and Indonesia such as Sumatra, Sulawesi.

kimbica

May 1, 2006
Tucson, AZ
Visit site
making a toddy

I agree with DNRobert. The cold brewing process makes wonderfully smooth, mellow, but full tasting cold coffee. It is best for Iced Coffee and not as good when heated afterwards. It absolutely has less acidity for your digestive tract. This is different from the acidity we speak of in terms of flavors of the different varietals of beans. In terms of taste it is a matter of personal preference but I think the cold process, or toddy brewing, makes great iced coffee.

You can experiment with it at home with no special equipment. Just use a large plastic rubbermaid container and use about 1 pound of coarse ground beans of your choice to a gallon of water. (I halve this) Dump the coffee in the water, stir and cover it. Let stand 18-24 hours, to taste, then strain out the grounds with any filter available. The metal mesh ones that often come with drip coffeemakers work well. The finer the filtration, the less like pressed coffee it becomes. I like a little body in mine so I use a regular metal strainer. I use 2 parts of this concentrate to one part water and also add ice. Just my ideas in case you are feeling like playing with new stuff. :) Good Luck!

sophiadner

Nov 23, 2017
Los Angeles
Visit site
Healthwise Saves Your Stomach. In addition to being low in acid, this coffee is also without any fat, calories and cholesterol. Even if you add creamer and sugar to your coffee, this drink will help your overall diet more than it will hurt it.

The Healthwise Brand is big on promoting the healthy benefits of coffee, like reducing the risk of debilitating diseases such as MS. This low-acid coffee is available for your pod brewing device or as a decaffeinated version in addition to the standard blend.

Read more : 7 Low Acid Coffee Brands That Will Make You And Your Digestive System Happy

farmguy

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I agree with DNRobert. The cold brewing process makes wonderfully smooth, mellow, but full tasting cold coffee. It is best for Iced Coffee and not as good when heated afterwards. It absolutely has less acidity for your digestive tract. This is different from the acidity we speak of in terms of flavors of the different varietals of beans. In terms of taste it is a matter of personal preference but I think the cold process, or toddy brewing, makes great iced coffee.

You can experiment with it at home with no special equipment. Just use a large plastic rubbermaid container and use about 1 pound of coarse ground beans of your choice to a gallon of water. (I halve this) Dump the coffee in the water, stir and cover it. Let stand 18-24 hours, to taste, then strain out the grounds with any filter available. The metal mesh ones that often come with drip coffeemakers work well. The finer the filtration, the less like pressed coffee it becomes. I like a little body in mine so I use a regular metal strainer. I use 2 parts of this concentrate to one part water and also add ice. Just my ideas in case you are feeling like playing with new stuff. :) Good Luck!

I just use my French press to cold brew. Seal it with plastic wrap while brewing, then put top on and enjoy.

dbrown

Jan 8, 2018
Paris
Visit site
I need to start drinking some coffee with low acidity. What would you suggest I do. Maybe adding something to the coffee can decrease the acidity, or a certain coffee type has low levels. Coffee tamer is not available in my area so I need something what-else???????????/

I can give you an advice to attenuate acids and adverse effets of coffee by adding cardamom in your cup of coffee :wink: Coffee can cause of gastric reflux, so that means I pay attention because it often arrives to me and it is painful. Then, after preparing me an espresso with my preferred machine I add it cardamom from time to time who is very alkaline and with advantageous effects on the digestive tract. Traditionally, cardamom is added to Turkish coffee what gives him this small taste which some people loves as me :coffee1:

Last edited:

dbrown

Jan 8, 2018
Paris
Visit site
You can try by yourself according your taste but i suggest to put a head of spoon (as if was salt). I buy green cardamom powder because it's easier to cook. Are you chemist ? lol Don't give you grief and do it as you feel ;-) Live tasting experience with coffee

manwithabean

Jan 14, 2018
Visit site
Low Acid Coffee - Look for a pH of 5.5 or greater

You should look for coffees that have a low level of Chlorogenic acid, which is typically the main culprit. While an HPLC test can isolate for it, just go with pH scoring. If the company you are buying from claims to be low acid, I would start with a coffee with a score 5.5 pH or greater. I just had a bunch of low acid coffee companies coffees tested by an independently lab test for pH. It was costly to do, put I have released the results. Feel free to check it out at maverickscoffee.

I hope this helps