Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    For cold brewing at home, try the Oxo cold brew coffee maker. Good low-acid coffee

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I need to start drinking some coffee with low acidity. What would you suggest I do. Maybe adding something to the coffee can decrease the acidity, or a certain coffee type has low levels. Coffee tamer is not available in my area so I need something else???????????/
    I can give you an advice to attenuate acids and adverse effets of coffee by adding cardamom in your cup of coffee Coffee can cause of gastric reflux, so that means I pay attention because it often arrives to me and it is painful. Then, after preparing me an espresso with my preferred machine I add it cardamom from time to time who is very alkaline and with advantageous effects on the digestive tract. Traditionally, cardamom is added to Turkish coffee what gives him this small taste which some people loves as me

Quote Originally Posted by dbrown View Post
    I can give you an advice to attenuate acids and adverse effets of coffee by adding cardamom in your cup of coffee Coffee can cause of gastric reflux, so that means I pay attention because it often arrives to me and it is painful. Then, after preparing me an espresso with my preferred machine I add it cardamom from time to time who is very alkaline and with advantageous effects on the digestive tract. Traditionally, cardamom is added to Turkish coffee what gives him this small taste which some people loves as me
    which one do you use? black cardamom or green? or both are okay for the coffee?

Question: The Best Low Acidic Coffee??-cardamom-2500-56a2101a5f9b58b7d0c62aae.jpg
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

Quote Originally Posted by ensoluna View Post
    which one do you use? black cardamom or green? or both are okay for the coffee?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cardamom-2500-56a2101a5f9b58b7d0c62aae.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	9161
    Usually, i put green cardamom in my cup of coffee, it's lightly less strong than black cardamom. But effectively, both are possible.

Usually, i put green cardamom in my cup of coffee, it's lightly less strong than black cardamom. But effectively, both are possible.
    I have never used cardamom for anything, no cooking, and not in coffee. so my last question about this would be.... how much grams (I guess you buy green cardamom powder? not seeds and grind them by yourself?) do you put in your cup of coffee? what would be the good ratio between XX grams of cardamom powder & XXX oz (or grams since France goes by metric systems)?
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

You can try by yourself according your taste but i suggest to put a head of spoon (as if was salt). I buy green cardamom powder because it's easier to cook. Are you chemist ? lol Don't give you grief and do it as you feel Live tasting experience with coffee

. Are you chemist ?
    ha ha ha. Nope. but I love numbers and math. and working in green bean exporting business, I have to be very good at numbers.
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

Low Acid Coffee - Look for a pH of 5.5 or greater

You should look for coffees that have a low level of Chlorogenic acid, which is typically the main culprit. While an HPLC test can isolate for it, just go with pH scoring. If the company you are buying from claims to be low acid, I would start with a coffee with a score 5.5 pH or greater. I just had a bunch of low acid coffee companies coffees tested by an independently lab test for pH. It was costly to do, put I have released the results. Feel free to check it out at maverickscoffee.

I hope this helps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links