A new bean for the coffee snob in me

MrBox

Feb 21, 2006
Statesboro, GA
Visit site
I'm looking for Coffee. I just finished my Nicaraguan Single origin. It was called Muse and was from a shop that recently closed :( I would have to say that this was probably the best coffee I've ever had.

A note; my friend owned the shop and one day we had a taste test day, the roaster sent us a few samples of beans and we tasted them all in espresso. Tere were 3 of us there to do so, this was a great time. If I ever own a coffee shop I'm going to have tasting parties.

This time I want something darker. So with all the choices out there I have come up with a coffee litmus. You could say this is an almost idealistic bean with the following characteristics.

Fair Trade
Single Origin
Vienna (continintal) Roast
Strong Tasting
Flavorful, should have good undertones when prepared in a french press.
Tastes Good, This is the hardest thing to choose when buying coffee online. I like to smell the beans.
Avail Online in 1/lb or 1lb orders in whole bean or ground
Not to expensive

Suggestions?
thanks

JM

One day I'll have to make my own roast,,,,,,

equus007

Apr 4, 2006
Austin, Tx
Visit site
coffee quests

give us a try...we may have been the fincas providing the nicaraguan you last had. Faracafe.com

let me know what you think. I just started working for them and I think its great stuff. Don't drink alot of drip having been a barista for about 15 years but it is very flavorful...pure flavor with suprisingly little acid