Green Bean Coffee Supplier

Beatnik

Feb 10, 2004
Florida
Visit site
I am in the middle of purchasing a cafe and I am looking for a supplier of Green Beans to roast in the shop. If anyone has info please e-mail me.Thank you very much

E

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
how much are you buying? You need to start your own blending...my house runs around $1.25 a pound...I buy a good amount though.

Thank you toper, I'm only buying a small amt like 50 lbs every three weeks...augh location, location location.......Also I don't want to blend, I just want the freshest and smoothest java. I don't have the time to set up blending, I have to have consistancy...year to year...ect..

Indeed....they do not seem to have a sense of humor...especially when they are called such names as the "evil empire" :grin: I agree that $1.25-30lb is what you should be looking at. Hey, if you don't mind paying the courier/post costs I could send you a few lb's of what I reckon is the best Java green bean I have roasted. Its from central Java and is one of my stock beans. I have about 95 sacks left from last year....so giving away a little will not kill me :p

coffeefreakin

Mar 5, 2004
Visit site
C'mon guys. The only way you can get down around 1.25/lb green is if your using the lessor quality coffees from central america or others. Even if you're buying in larger quantities a good Costa Rican Tarrazu is around $1.60, a great Tarrazu is around $3/lb. Yemen's around $4, Kenya AA is around $2. My point is that you can't say somethings to high if you don't even know what it's made of. We've been using Monster and thier blends for about a year now and are quite happy doing so. I roasted with an Ambex 5lb for over 4 years and did all my own sourcing, storing & blending. I figure I'm paying about 35 to 40 cents a pound more through Monster for Carvaci's blends but it's worth it. No doubt. Just the marketing materials alone have made our store grow more than my efforts ever did. They're really a great source for any retail roaster. I'm also not sitting on 10 bags of coffee or dealing with all the problems associated with cupping, sourcing & blending. Keep it simple!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Sorry...did not mean to upset you. I go through anywhere from 4 bags to 7 bags a day....I do not get lessor quality coffee...I mean if you are happy with monster bully for you...its just in what I do it is a wee to expensive...and I do not mind coming up with my own blends. oh and you are right...the market is up right now and my house runs $1.47 for a blend of Sumatra, Guat, and Colombian.

hehe. MONSTER, boy did I get somthing going? HEhe, I love DAVE, and you know what? I had NO background,or experiance in the JAVA buisness before hooking up with monster, but I recieved more than my fair deal. Counting on consistancy? Counting on free advice? Counting on support? Choose what you want, Topher and you you other roasters, I really admire you. I just needed a trouble free, " pushbutton" roaster. I use the small fluid bed roaster. And I love it. want white cofee? medium roast? any thing? I can do it. just my .02

Alos I'm happy I found thins web-site.

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Now, now...Play fair. There's a lot of good brokers across the U.S. your best bet is to work with someone you have developed a good relationship with and can learn from. Rule of thumb is, always have a back up. This helps to keep your main broker honest, and a good place to buy in case your primary is out of what you need. I know we've come across this a couple of times. Never know when something gets held up in customs, you know Colombia, etc. :p