Best Grocery Store Coffee Beans

thecoroner

Dec 10, 2006
Visit site
Unfortunately, the only source I have for coffee beans is my local grocery store, which has a poor selection.

What is the best brand of coffee beans generally available?

CafeBlue

Dec 8, 2006
Toronto
Visit site
One grocery in my neighborhood stocks the typical 65 to 85 SKU's of coffees - a quick check of manufacturing date codes reveals that all but two SKU's are roasted more than two months ago and the oldest is from 2004. All that coffee is stale, flat, lifeless, flavorless, aromaless- no matter the packaging, brand quality, price or initial quality on roast day.
Buy your coffee directly from a quality coffee roaster! If no one roasts in your area, then order via the internet.
Peet's, Zoka, Stumptown, Just Us, Intelligentsia, Coffee Culture and over a hundred more quality roasters will be happy to sell you the experience of fresh roasted coffee of near limitless variety and exceptional taste...delivered to your door.
Buy a coffee grinder and only order whole bean coffee that you will grind and then brew immediately. Order only as much coffee as you wil drink within one to three weeks.
Enjoy the complexity and richness that specialty coffee offers for less than 50 cents per serving.
Best regards

ArtieD2

Dec 3, 2006
Jacksonville, Fl
Visit site
I'm assuming that since you're in this forum, that you have internet access. We just got our first order from GMCR, and its great. We started with the "Signature Sampler", but there's a lot to choose from.

(Click on "GMCR" above.)