Tanzanian Peaberry :)

Hello, I just received my latest shipment of beans. In which I have some PB. I did a quick roast to a full city. WOW I love Tanz PB, a very smooth yet bold cup. This completely bypassed the usual morning ritual yawn and “TA-DA”, READY FOR ANYTHING. With this being added to my all-time favorites list, I would like to know what level of roast "you think" the PB has the best cup at. I next will try the “Yirg”. I also received Santos, Indian Monsooned Malabar, Indian Robusta Cherry AB. I will be cupping these today. Can’t wait, well have a great day all!!!
    Chance favors the prepard mind.

OK the Yirg is on Fire but ........., after I roasted the Cherry AB, my shop smelled like a pharmacy on fire The Malabar, I was told, was a bit tricky so I dropped the charge temp down a bit and I think it went ok, but it was a lot lighter in color than I expected, (is this right?). After cupping the Yirg, Tanz PB, and Santos I will wait, (palette fatigue) until tomorrow for the rest. I know that this is probably all old and boring to ya, but I am excited. Any comments on the Malabar color?

Baugo! I like that you are so excited about coffe. I am too. I have also roasted my robusta cherry AA (yes) and Arabica Cherry AA. I do a "cheap Indian blend" with it , but I really dont like this coffee. For some reason (very cheap) some customers do. Malabar I dont buy any more. I have never liked that coffee.
    I am great fond of Kenyans and Costa Ricans. Thou my last shipment of Costa Rica was horrible.
    Eh, I missed the point. ok bye.

No I got it " cheap cheap cheap" right? :P I am just trying to find my way through all of the multitudes of coffees , I dont like the Malabar or the Robusta either, but I still think that there may be a use in my espresso blends. I would still like for someone to let me know if my conclusions are on, close or way out there. My feelings dont get hurt ez Well Roast on .... Peace

Tanzania Peaberry - knocked my socks off

I rencently received a sample of fresh (rosted, gassed then FedExed overnight) Tanzania Peaberry from our roaster and it knocked our socks off! The sweeter than expected finish was quite a surprise. All that said, I read through your post and realized that you are a roaster. What type, home roaster or commercial/artisan?

Super Moderator

Green beans

Where do you get your green beans? I would like to try roasting some Tanzania PB.
    Jim Lyon
    Jim's Coffee Beans
    relax and roast some beans

I roasted some of the Tanz PB on my little ole roaster at home and I think I was the only one in the house that liked it, very unique flavor. I think maybe it was the sweetness that kind of put everyone off.
    AJPratt
    Pratt's Hill of Beans

"Don't laugh at the coffee. Someday you may be old and weak, too."

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links