Decorating with Coffee Beans

marysmiles

Mar 4, 2007
Visit site
For my daughter''s upcomming wedding reception, she wants to decorate the tables by sprinkling coffee beans around the candles & vases on the white tableclothes. Since the beans are not for consumption we were considering buying green coffee beans & roasting them ourselves to save on cost. Our question is this: Does anyone know if the oils from the coffee beans will stain the white table linen? We cant have that happening & I hate to invest the time & money into purchasing them, roasting them, and then finding out that they will leave a stain on the white linen''s. Any suggestions? Is this even a concern?

Supermanofcoffee

Mar 23, 2007
Sweden
Visit site
Another tips

I would suggest picking out some of the roasted coffee beans before putting them on the table, and rub them hard between two sheets of linen, or other material of similar fabric, so that you''ll know whether or not it will rub off onto the linen sheets.

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Or you might just want to make a few table center pieces with coffee made into candles or something like that. This way if you want the scent of coffee and have it look decorative, this may be something to look at... :grin: