Coffee Beans for Decoration

cmdrico7812

Jul 2, 2007
Visit site
My fiance and I are getting married at the end of September this year. We both love coffee and coffee actually is what got us together in the first place. To celebrate this, we would like to use roasted coffee beans as decoration at our wedding. We plan to fill glass vases with beans and then nestle a candle on top of them (it is also helpful that our wedding colors are brown and aqua).

To this end, I am trying to find a source for coffee beans to use in the vases. I don''t want to use good coffee beans because it would be quite expensive (I think I need around 20-25 lbs.); plus that would be a waste of good coffee. I asked a local coffee roaster if I could get over roasted beans that would normally be thrown away but they said they don''t keep over roasted beans very long because they give off a foul odor.

I guess I have two questions; 1) if I were to acquire over roasted beans now, would the next three months before the wedding be sufficient time to allow the beans to lose their aroma (because we just want to use them for decoration, not their scent) and 2) does anyone know who I could contact or have access to beans of this nature they would be willing to ship to me that I could use? I am also open to other thoughts or advice anyone has on this subject. Thanks in advance for your help.

Eric

Davec

Oct 18, 2006
Old England (UK)
Visit site
Find your nearest small local roaster (because carriage charges will be high), pop along and explain what you want and ask to buy the entire batch of a bean like Santos out of a small 20-25kg roaster.

Take along a big plastic container (size of a small dustbin) and ask him to just dump the beans straight into that. As they are not doing any packing, checking or mucking about, they may do you a reasonable deal on the whole batch.

The coffee will keep fine if sealed into smaller bags for 6 months. Just ask for a medium and not a dark roast.

cafemakers

Nov 3, 2004
Visit site
You may also consider contacting a roasting equipment manufacturer; they tend to have a lot of past-crop or other coffees not-for-consumption on-hand for testing.

margueratesullivan

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
What kind of cheap decoration materials can i use for decorating the stage of our college function?
i have to rely on the cheap but beautiful materials as i dont have enough money to decorate the stage. if u have any ideas.. pls share with me. thank u in advance.