Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28

Thanks again to all

Here's how it works. I can buy the beans I like with pretty good reliability from Peers or Pablos (Denver) and get it shipped to me direct. I can also order coffee from Cafe Ibis in Logan and have it sent to my daughter in Salt Lake and have her ship it onward to Denmark. Then the fun begins. 99/100 times it goes into customs clearance where I get a small import duty + 25% tax on the goods and shipping tax + about $15 handling fee. Then, as is the case today, it gets lost in customs or they have a computer malfunction and it takes another 4 days - 2 weeks to get to me after I pay over the Internet.

I have searched and searched in Denmark and Europe for good French roast beans and they have always sucked.

Again, I thank you all for your help, very very much.

Best Regards to everyone, Mac

To add to my last post. I have been out of the US for over 20 years! I try coffee regularly when I visit the US, but never seem to be able to find the right type of coffee (French Roast). This is usually because most roasters list the country of origin and a description of what it tastes like, which is hard fro me to decipher. If I find Peets (French Roast or Major Dickensons) or am in Denver (Pablos) or SLC (Cafe Ibis) I buy it there, because I know what I am getting. This last trip, I was able to snag a large bag of Pets Major Dickensons from a grocery store in Brooklyn and brought that home. In the meantime, I had my daughter send me some coffee from Cafe Ibis, but it has disappeared in Customs.

These are the trials I face.

Thanks again, Mac

Esoluna...lokk at my most recent posts.

I generally buy most of my coffee from the people at Theta Ridge coffee. They have a warehouse in south bend Indiana. It's about a 3 and a half hour drive for me, but totally worth it. They have a great selection, and in addition to their storefront, they also have a store on shopify. I visited them a couple weeks ago for a blind cupping session, and their Colombian Decaf was so tasty I had to buy a bag despite myself.

Costa Rican Coffee

Can I offer our coffee from Costa Rica, can I send some tester bags.

Thanks!

Anyone bought fresh coffee beans from Vietnam or Laos?
    i was searching for vietnamese coffee. introduced by a student of mine and whoooa! its nice!

Following the replys to this post

I agree, but I would suggest you look for the best local roaster and support them. Not only do you keep your money local, you also get the freshest beans.

Quote Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
    Here's how it works. I can buy the beans I like with pretty good reliability from Peers or Pablos (Denver) and get it shipped to me direct. I can also order coffee from Cafe Ibis in Logan and have it sent to my daughter in Salt Lake and have her ship it onward to Denmark. Then the fun begins. 99/100 times it goes into customs clearance where I get a small import duty + 25% tax on the goods and shipping tax + about $15 handling fee. Then, as is the case today, it gets lost in customs or they have a computer malfunction and it takes another 4 days - 2 weeks to get to me after I pay over the Internet.

I have searched and searched in Denmark and Europe for good French roast beans and they have always sucked.

Again, I thank you all for your help, very very much.

Best Regards to everyone, Mac
    Thank you for testifying, I also often encounter the same problem and I must admit that it is sometimes very painful to lose money because you are just a lover of good coffee and a great curious person. I feel less alone now
    Last edited by dbrown; 11-08-2018 at 02:46 PM.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links