Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

what is some good coffee to buy?

what brand and kind of roasted coffee (whole bean or ground) is good that can be purchased at almost any major grocery store?

i have been using instant coffee forever and now i am switching. i went to the store and was overwhelmed at the variety. where do i begin and what should i buy?

Re: what is some good coffee to buy?

Peppers, welcome to Coffee Forums. I would recommend that you try coffees from your local coffee shop and if they roast their own, chances are they may sell their beans by the bag, either in 8oz, 12oz or 16oz bags. Try single origins like Colombian, Kenyan, and Sumatran. It's better to buy whole beans, but if you don't have a good grinder, let them grind it for you. Most roasters I've spoken with are happy to tell you about their coffee.
    Happy hunting!
    Advertising URL in your signature line was removed by your favorite Moderator.

is starbucks a good place to buy coffee beans? if so what kind should i get?

Super Moderator

I would try to find a local roaster/coffee shop. Starbux burns most of their coffee.
    Jim Lyon
    Jim's Coffee Beans
    relax and roast some beans

If you cant find a local roaster and you absolutely have to buy at supermarket the two best Ive found are Green Mountain and Peets. Stay away from Starbucks, if you like Dark roasted coffee Peets is a much better choice imo. And the Green Mountain Kenya is excellent if you like a lighter roasted coffee. If you are lucky enough to have a Whole Foods nearbye you can try there in store roasted coffees which are excellent/

my favorite is Columbian Supremo

the Bucaramanga blend is the best to me, but that's just my personal preference

it has a nutty, sweet rich flavor to it

I usually get my coffee at smaller cafe/ local roaster. I must say it is much better than drinking sbux coffee. I just picked up some coffee from wholefoods. They have a good selection. other than their allegro brand, I also pick up their weaver organic blend, which was delicious.

Since freshness is the ultimate factor, try to find roast dates. Ground coffees will stale much faster. Most beans in your grocery store are quite a bit older than ideal but if they carry some brands from local roasters, those are your best bet. If not, find some roasters or a coffee shop close by and try several brews and talk to them. If the roaster is available, go in and talk to them, watch them roast. We have people walking in daily as we roast and usually walking out with a pound or more. You can't get much fresher than that - and once you taste it, anything less just isn't worth it. Good luck!
    The Unseen Bean | Taste the Passion of Blind Roasted Coffee | Boulder, CO

If you are resident in uk like myself. Order from america/Canada, because dam, it tastes 100 x better when it's direct. The crap they sell here is.. Well.. crap *shrugs*.

It's all about the gutemalean, kona, jamaican, Panama coffee. Always so smooth. Yummm yummmm.

coffeeloverlisa

I totally agree with the recommendation for Panama and Kona coffees YUM! My current passion is for and organic little number, Panama Carmen Estate. Priced fairly, delicious with tones of chocolate and smooth as the silk in your moms' lingerie closet.

Yup, that's the one for me!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links