Finding local roasters in South FL?

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site
Hey guys.... having a hard time finding local roasters or even close to my area. Been searching online and can't find anything, so either I'm not typing the right terms or I just suck lol. I live in Boca. Girlfriend got us a Delonghi Bar32 machine, which we love and a friend has as well.... but trying to find better quality coffee than store bought, I know of companies you can order from like Illy etc, but would be cool to find a local place. Need to buy a good grinder too so researching that.

Thanks

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I will be open hopefully in the next month! I sent you a pm. When I get open you will be able to watch the roasting process while sipping on an espresso. The shop will be tiny but the roastery will be large....retail is going to be a very small part of our operation. We are opening to supply our stores and franchise stores...but the coffee will be as fresh as you can get!

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site
I will be open hopefully in the next month! I sent you a pm. When I get open you will be able to watch the roasting process while sipping on an espresso. The shop will be tiny but the roastery will be large....retail is going to be a very small part of our operation. We are opening to supply our stores and franchise stores...but the coffee will be as fresh as you can get!
sweet... we love our expresso and latte's... this little Delonghi Bar32 machine is awesome for home use for the $. I never really ordered beans from anywhere b/c kept hearing it's never like finding a local roaster to get your stuff from fresh.

Kinda odd that South FL doesn't have a big "roaster" following, considering how many people go gaga for starbucks and other gourmet places.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Well that month has taken a wee bit longer than we thought. Our Demo is finished and now the floor is being stripped....build out hopefully starts tomorrow or Monday...sigh

EspressoFein

Jun 26, 2007
Brooklyn NY
Visit site
I had the same problem when I opened my shop. Get in touch with me and I can put you in touch with a roaster. I don't have the details with me, that's why I said to contact good luck ]347-267-1881Edward

hootowl

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I visited Joel from Panther coffee which is located in the art district of Miami. Awesome place and such a unique in house roaster. Just google panther coffee, not sure of the website but roasts a quality product.

Tiponia

Aug 19, 2011
USA
Visit site
How did you find these restaurants...? Were they according to your taste or you found them just so fledged out... I want to know your views about these restaurants... Thank you

espressoaddict

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
You need to check out Jokoba in Naples. I live in Naples and used to work just down the street from them. They are parters with a family in Guatelmala that grows coffee on a plantation. Very good and have been in business for a long time. They have a large following here locally. Google them and you should find their contact info.