Results 1 to 4 of 4
- 08-03-2011, 01:39 PM #1
how long is grinded coffee good for?
i'm new to french presses, and was wondering how long the grinded coffee i pick up at the coffee shop is good for.
i usually pick up 5-600 grams or 20 oz, and spend somewhere around 30 days using it up. if i store that coffee in a vacuum jar, will the taste be as good towards the end of period?
- 01-21-2013, 10:53 PM #2
Personally, I would never store ground coffee as it starts deteriorating immediately. I expect you would have a very noticeable difference in taste after 1 month. A reasonable quality conical burr grinder is fairly cheap now days, so why not grind only what you need? Even keeping roasted beans for 1 month would worry me. You need to buy smaller quantities or drink more coffee!!
- 01-22-2013, 07:30 AM #3
I agree but this thread started over a year ago.... I would never even keep roasted coffee more then couple of weeks.
- 01-22-2013, 12:23 PM #4
Just grind the coffee you're going to use each time. As soon as grind it, this runs down.
Indesio.Don't follow me. I'm lost too.
- By schmellen in forum Coffee Shops, Espresso Bars & CafesReplies: 12Last Post: 07-26-2010, 03:44 PM
- By wildzx in forum Coffee Beans & Espresso BeansReplies: 1Last Post: 05-23-2006, 09:59 PM
- By chad1f in forum Coffee Beans & Espresso BeansReplies: 7Last Post: 02-16-2006, 09:57 AM
- By Monito in forum Coffee Industry ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 11-21-2005, 09:01 AM
- By victorkhugo in forum Caffeine HealthReplies: 4Last Post: 11-18-2004, 03:17 PM
Search tags for this page
how long does coffee last,
how long does ground coffee last,
how long does ground coffee last?,
how long does ground espresso last,
how long ground coffee last,
how long is coffee good for,
how long is ground coffee good,
how long is ground coffee good for,
how long will coffee last,
how long will ground coffee last
Click on a term to search for related topics.