6 Ways to Keep your Coffee Beans Looking and Tasting Fresh
This is a discussion on 6 Ways to Keep your Coffee Beans Looking and Tasting Fresh within the Coffee Beans & Espresso Beans forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; Dark Roasted Coffee is like carbon. It will absolve anything in the air. That is the one of the reason why you should keep the ...
- 01-29-2013 07:44 AM #11
Dark Roasted Coffee is like carbon. It will absolve anything in the air. That is the one of the reason why you should keep the coffee air tight container. Also storing coffee in the refrigerator with very strong food like fish, cheese, and other things that would spoil the taste of coffee is recommended.
I need to go get my another cup of coffee.... Have fun...
- 01-29-2013 07:44 AM # ADS
- 03-03-2013 05:28 PM #12
I buy only what I consume in a week, about a half-pound whole bean, and keep them in a cheap glass container (the kind with the spring clip closure thingie and rubber gasket) up in a cabinet.
- 03-29-2013 01:31 AM #13
thanks for those great tips. I am embarrassed to admit that for a long time I did store my coffee beans in the fridge/freezer
- 03-29-2013 03:13 PM #14
FWIW I store my beans in a mason/ball jar and vacuum the air out after I make my coffee. Then the jar is stored in a cabinet. I buy my beans from a store that gets them from a local roaster. the beans are already 1-4 weeks old at that point and it takes me about 2 weeks to go through a jar.
- 06-09-2013 04:48 PM #15
- 06-19-2013 11:59 PM #16
- 06-20-2013 08:48 PM #17
Yes, I also just buy what I can consume for the whole week. If I am to store it in the fridge, i try not to store anything else on it as it takes the taste of what ever is inside with it.
- 07-26-2013 04:27 AM #18
I would like to thank for your suggestions about Coffee beans. Its very helpful to all.
- By atomeyes in forum Coffee Beans & Espresso BeansReplies: 2Last Post: 11-30-2010, 10:12 PM
- By ashfaq in forum Coffee Industry ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 03-10-2009, 04:32 AM
- By genecounts in forum Coffee Beans & Espresso BeansReplies: 1Last Post: 01-21-2009, 05:20 PM
- By Derryl in forum Coffee Beans & Espresso BeansReplies: 2Last Post: 07-27-2007, 11:28 AM
- By tronno in forum Coffee Shops, Espresso Bars & CafesReplies: 0Last Post: 08-21-2004, 08:51 AM