Did anyone see this about starbucks????

CoffeeLuver216

Oct 7, 2004
Visit site
Starbucks is selling coffee liqour now. But just in liqour stores and restaurants(not in their chains). Whick I think is fine evryone sells their own flavored liqour for dults to enjoy. But there a website made by parents because they say "their 12 and 14 yr olds drink starbucks coffee and now they will drink liqour now" WHAT???? I agree with the posts there why would you let your 12 or 13 yr old to drink coffee. Nice parenting(horrible parenting). Get control of your kids and dont blame starbucks. get your 12 yr old off coffee. Their website. www.stardrunks.com and their forum http://stardrunks.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=2

CoffeeLuver216

Oct 7, 2004
Visit site
HOw about ....

Caffeine causes Kidney problems and blood pressure problems for young children who drink alot of it,because of their young organs. Soda is bad. coffee is horrible. I wouldnt want to hurt my childrens health. But thats just me.

CoffeeLuver216

Oct 7, 2004
Visit site
You would give a infant child (12 is not even a teenager) cups of coffee just as you would give him cups of water. wow tell a pediatrician that one. And my point was i would like to enjoy coffee and coffee products without parents who let their young children drink coffee trying to shut down starbucks because their children are gonna drink their alcohol products now. makes no sense. They should worry about other problems out there.

Hobbes

Sep 18, 2004
Visit site
Actually, even water in excess can be bad. There was a woman in my city two summers ago who collapsed whil running because her blood had actually been dilluted from drinking so much straight water. Had she drank water with electrolytes like salt or sugar, she would have been fine. Too much of ANYTHING is bad.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
sorry....you wrote, "I agree with the posts there why would you let your 12 or 13 yr old to drink coffee. Nice parenting(horrible parenting). Get control of your kids and dont blame starbucks. get your 12 yr old off coffee. That is why I asked what is wrong with 12 year olds drinking coffee...never did I say infants....maybe you should try decaf :?

bluecoffee

Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
Hey I drink coffee since I was 5 and I still alive. I'm agree of all in XS is bad, but the parents have the responsability of what they eat, what they watch.... :-D be cool

Check the stories. This is a partnership between Jim Beam and Starbucks for making Starbucks branded coffee liquors for sale in bars and restaurants. This is not for sale in Starbucks retail locations.

There was a Starbucks store in Kobe Japan selling alcohol. But that is not related. Maybe some one will be making hot sake for the Keurig machine.

As far as kids and coffee, of course they are going to start with Starbucks - and it probably nets out healthy because of all the calcium they get. Starbucks is the biggest purchaser and reseller of milk in the country. Growing kids need calcium for strong teeth and bones.

Quink

Feb 11, 2004
Bristol UK
Visit site
Re: HOw about ....

CoffeeLuver216 said:
Caffeine causes Kidney problems and blood pressure problems for young children who drink alot of it

Actually after a week your body builds up a tolerance to the effects of caffeine to the point where the effect on the kidney lasts less than 10 minutes and the blood pressure rise associated with caffeine is either negligable or non existant.

CJevens

Apr 18, 2011
Arlington, Va
Visit site
Elsewhere in the world where kids arent kept in glass cases, they have a taste for wine, coffee and tea. Funny, they dont have health problems either.

Someday Americans will cease to have their hair on fire and chill out. Maybe once this becomes the United States of (insert other country here), we will be less concerned with these things.

Dont hold your breath, starbucks will soon be making automobiles for our drunk caffeinated kids to crash.