Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Did anyone see this about starbucks????

Starbucks is selling coffee liqour now. But just in liqour stores and restaurants(not in their chains). Whick I think is fine evryone sells their own flavored liqour for dults to enjoy. But there a website made by parents because they say "their 12 and 14 yr olds drink starbucks coffee and now they will drink liqour now" WHAT???? I agree with the posts there why would you let your 12 or 13 yr old to drink coffee. Nice parenting(horrible parenting). Get control of your kids and dont blame starbucks. get your 12 yr old off coffee. Their website. www.stardrunks.com and their forum http://stardrunks.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=2

Super Moderator
    ummm...what is wrong with a 12 year old drinking coffee??
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

HOw about ....

Caffeine causes Kidney problems and blood pressure problems for young children who drink alot of it,because of their young organs. Soda is bad. coffee is horrible. I wouldnt want to hurt my childrens health. But thats just me.

Super Moderator
    anything in excess is bad...if you drink plenty of water you shouldn't have a problem

You would give a infant child (12 is not even a teenager) cups of coffee just as you would give him cups of water. wow tell a pediatrician that one. And my point was i would like to enjoy coffee and coffee products without parents who let their young children drink coffee trying to shut down starbucks because their children are gonna drink their alcohol products now. makes no sense. They should worry about other problems out there.

Actually, even water in excess can be bad. There was a woman in my city two summers ago who collapsed whil running because her blood had actually been dilluted from drinking so much straight water. Had she drank water with electrolytes like salt or sugar, she would have been fine. Too much of ANYTHING is bad.

Super Moderator
    sorry....you wrote, "I agree with the posts there why would you let your 12 or 13 yr old to drink coffee. Nice parenting(horrible parenting). Get control of your kids and dont blame starbucks. get your 12 yr old off coffee. That is why I asked what is wrong with 12 year olds drinking coffee...never did I say infants....maybe you should try decaf

Hey I drink coffee since I was 5 and I still alive. I'm agree of all in XS is bad, but the parents have the responsability of what they eat, what they watch.... be cool
    bluecoffee

Check the stories. This is a partnership between Jim Beam and Starbucks for making Starbucks branded coffee liquors for sale in bars and restaurants. This is not for sale in Starbucks retail locations.

There was a Starbucks store in Kobe Japan selling alcohol. But that is not related. Maybe some one will be making hot sake for the Keurig machine.

As far as kids and coffee, of course they are going to start with Starbucks - and it probably nets out healthy because of all the calcium they get. Starbucks is the biggest purchaser and reseller of milk in the country. Growing kids need calcium for strong teeth and bones.
    Coffee leads men to trifle away their time, scald their chops, and spend their money, all for a little base, black, thick, nasty, bitter, stinking nauseous puddle water. ~The Women's Petition Against Coffee, 1674

Re: HOw about ....

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeLuver216
    Caffeine causes Kidney problems and blood pressure problems for young children who drink alot of it
    Actually after a week your body builds up a tolerance to the effects of caffeine to the point where the effect on the kidney lasts less than 10 minutes and the blood pressure rise associated with caffeine is either negligable or non existant.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links