PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi "DudeCoffee"

Welcome to the Coffee Forum website.

Most of the coffees that you listed aren't considered "brands." They're actually coffees from regions throughout the world. A "brand" would be something such as Lavazza (which you listed) or Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Folgers, Peet's, etc.

You didn't mention what kind of coffee you've been drinking, which makes it difficult to offer a suggestion. Do you prefer coffee from a particular region? What kind of roast do you prefer?

I always enjoyed Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee, but it's very expensive and I needed to find an alternative. Someone on this forum recommended that I replace it with Papua New Guinea, and it has been my favorite for several years. Recently, I received a gift of Brazil-Moreninha Formosa beans and I really enjoy the coffee. (It's very close to becomming my new favorite) I also received a pound of Sumata Mandheling, and I wasn't pleased with it at all.

Do you live near a local roaster, or did you find the coffees that you listed on the Internet?

If you do a search on this Forum (up at the top of the screen on the right) you will find some very interesting posts where people tell about their favorite coffees. You need to try different kinds in order to find what you like and don't like. If you have a local coffee shop where they sell fresh roasted coffee, you're best bet would be to go in and ask questions and try different coffees (and roasts).

Again, welcome to the Coffee Forum. We hope you will visit us often as you explore the world of coffee.

Rose

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello again,

It would be great if your local roaster would sell you samples of the different coffees that he has.

Try to buy just enough to make one or two pots of coffee. That way your money will last longer. When I was exploring different kinds of coffee, I would only buy 1/2 pound at a time. (sometimes two or three different kinds at a time). The coffees from Ethiopia are good starter coffees. You have Ethiopian Sidamo on your list, and it is a very popular choice. Kenya AA is another good one to explore.

What kind of coffee maker are you using? Are you getting your coffee beans ground for you or do you have a grinder?

Try to buy a small quantity at first. If you like the coffee, you can always go back for more. Your local roaster may also have some suggestions for you.

Rose

wstsider

May 24, 2019
Visit site
That is a good idea, just enough coffee for two cups would be perfect. I think I'm going to do that when I finish this coffee that I have bought now. :)

Actually I don't have a coffee maker. I just make coffee into my cup, but I use a certain... tool (no idea how it's called), so there's no actual coffee bean parts (again, not sure how it's called, I'm not a native speaker... Sorry) in my cup. I have a grinder, but it's very old one. Maybe from 1960s or so (electrical), so I ask to grind the coffee at the store instead. Is there a big difference on how coffee is gridded (please do explain if you don't mind)?

The local roaster actually is a young seller, he doesn't know much when I asked him. Even told me that he doesn't drink coffee himself, so not much help from there...

Where do u live by?

wstsider

May 24, 2019
Visit site
Hello. I love coffee, however I'm having a hard time picking out the good brand. I've also a limited variety of choices, unless I'd be rich and could ship it to my country (but in that case, I'd probably would emigrate in the first place). So my question is, which coffee out of these is the best in terms of quality, and if you don't mind typing a bit more - why? I'm particularly interested in coffee that leaves a nice aftertaste and is strong (wake-up wise, as I'm sleepy all the time, and I need my brains to jump-start). Here are the brands:

Lavazza
Java dore de luxe
Brasil genuine cerrado
Colombia supremo espinosa
Ethiopia sidamo
Zimbabwe la lucie royale
Marago Guatemala
Kenya AA top superstar
Mocca van Arabie

P.S. I'm not even sure if I can choose every single brand (money-wise), so it'd be nice if you'd choose an "optional" option.
P.P.S. Ask if you have to ask something, as I need good answers. ;)

The Kenyan AA is delicious, and the Ethiopian Sidamo is delicious! I haven’t had the rest but try out Musicphan’s coffee or topher’s coffee they won’t disappoint!

BestProductsHouse

Mar 7, 2020
Visit site
Hello. I love coffee, however I'm having a hard time picking out the good brand. I've also a limited variety of choices, unless I'd be rich and could ship it to my country (but in that case, I'd probably would emigrate in the first place). So my question is, which coffee out of these is the best in terms of quality, and if you don't mind typing a bit more - why? I'm particularly interested in coffee that leaves a nice aftertaste and is strong (wake-up wise, as I'm sleepy all the time, and I need my brains to jump-start). Here are the brands:

Lavazza
Java dore de luxe
Brasil genuine cerrado
Colombia supremo espinosa
Ethiopia sidamo
Zimbabwe la lucie royale
Marago Guatemala
Kenya AA top superstar
Mocca van Arabie

P.S. I'm not even sure if I can choose every single brand (money-wise), so it'd be nice if you'd choose an "optional" option.
P.P.S. Ask if you have to ask something, as I need good answers. ;)

Hello DudeCoffee,

As my point of view, based on the quality & flavor "Arabica" and "Robusta" are the best. And based on the coffee roast levels, I just love the Dark roast coffee